Pro Race 24266 Pro/Street 8 Inch SBC Harmonic Balancer
400 Chevy Small Block V8, 8" Outside Diameter, Not SFI-approved SFI Rating, 11.4 lbs. Weight
- The lightweight dampers weigh only 11.4 pounds
- Specially designed for the Pro/Street Small Block Chevy
- They have been machined to tolerances far exceeding those used by OEM’s
- Permanent rolled-in timing marks are very visible and will never fade or become less visible
- Has an 8.00" outside diameter and a removable counter-weight for use with internal or external balance applications
These Pro/Street Small Block Chevy harmonic dampers by Pro Race Performance Products have been machined to tolerances far exceeding those used by OEM’s. Dampers weigh 11.4 pounds. These Dampers feature an amazing overall surface finish. Permanent rolled-in timing marks are very visible and will never fade or become less visible!
- Pro/Street 24266 Harmonic Balancer
- 8.00" outside diameter
- 11.4 pounds
- Removable counter-weight for use with internal or external balance applications
• “Nodular Iron Construction – Most cast dampers are manufactured from gray iron castings. Nodular iron is over 30% stronger than gray iron.
• Bonded Elastomer – Outer ring and inner hub are bonded (vulcanized) to the elastomer. This minimizes the potential for the outer ring to move on the hub, losing true TDC position.
• Removable Counterweights – Externally balanced models feature bolt-in counterweights, making it easy to switch from an externally balanced engine to an internally balanced engine.
• Precision Balanced – Dampers are machined and precision balanced. • 60o of permanent easy to read timing marks (40o on SB Ford models)
About Nodular Iron
Nodular Iron, also referred to as ductile iron, is typically the material used for heavy duty or racing applications of cast iron products. It is approximately 30% stronger than gray iron. So it was only natural that when PRO/RACE developed the heavy duty OE replacement PRO/STREET dampers, high strength nodular iron was the material of choice.
While PRO/STREET dampers are not intended for racing, the fact that they are cast of nodular iron, as opposed to ordinary gray iron, means that they are suitable for higher
rpms than most competitive models. (Note: The PRO/STREET Nodular Iron Harmonic Dampers are NOT SFI certified). However to prove the integrity of the PRO/STREET dampers, we had the SFI test lab run some spin tests. The PRO/STREET damper was subjected to 8,000rpm for one hour, and then 12,500 rpm for 15 minutes with no sign of degradation! (note: this by no means suggests the PRO/STREET damper should be used in extreme applications – use PRO/RACE or PRO/SPORT for high performance applications).
Harmonic dampers are supplied in two styles; those for internally balanced engines and those for externally balanced engines. Externally balanced engines have a counterweight bolted into the hub of the damper. The advantage of having a removable counterweight in the hub eliminates the possibility of having the counterweight mass move from its position plus it provides an extremely accurate external balance mass.
The PRO/STREET Damper for internally and externally balanced small block and big block Chevys and for small block Chryslers is identical except for the counterweight. This means, for example, if you have a PRO/STREET Damper for a 400 small block Chevy you can remove the counterweight and the damper will work perfectly for a 350 Chevy. Conversely, if you have a 350 Damper and want to use it on a 400 you can now purchase the proper PRO/RACE counterweight and bolt it into your 350 damper and it is now a 400 damper.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Small Block Chevy 400 Harmonic Balancer, 8 Inch, Plain Steel
Pro Race 31262 Pro/Sport 6.1 Inch SBC Harmonic Balancer Int Balanced
Pro Race 34262 Pro/Sport 6.61 Inch SBC Harmonic Balancer
Small Block Chevy Harmonic Balancer, 6-3/4 Inch, Black
Chevy 383-400 Lightweight Harmonic Balancer, 6-3/4Inch
Speedway Chrome SBC 350 Fluid Harmonic Balancer, 6.25 Inch
Professional Products 80010 SBC Lightweight Harmonic Balancer, 6"
ATI 917781 Super Damper Std Harmonic Balancer, S/B Chevy Engines
Professional Products Small Block Chevy 6 Inch Harmonic Balancer, SFI
Fluidampr Balancers 620101 SBC Harmonic Balancer, 6.25 Inch
Q & A
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Derek kicks off his 55 Chevy rebuild with a fresh small block.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
Professional insight on some useful crate engine tools that will improve your engine building experience.
Check out this helpful piston ring style chart.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.