Powermaster 82051 PowerGEN 1955-64 GM Alternator, 12-Volt, Plain
One Wire Alternator, V-Belt Belt Type, Generator-Look Alternator Case Style
- Inside mounting ear-to-ear measures a total of 7"
- Overall length is 10-5/8" and the case O.D. is 5"
- Specifically designed for the 1955-1964 GM vehicles
- The pulley is designed to work with a 3/8" wide belt
- Puts out 65 amp at idle, 75 amp when cruising, 90 amp at the top end
These Powermaster Powergens allow you to keep the authentic looks of a generator with the efficiency of an alternator. They put out 90 amps maximum with 65 amps at idle and 75 amps at cruise and are a simple one wire design.
- Powergen Cutaway View (Link)
- 65 amp idle, 75 amp cruise, 90 amp top end
- Pulley works with 3/8" wide belt
- Inside mounting ear-to-ear is 7"
- Overall length is 10-5/8"
- O.D. of case is 5"
Fits 1955-1964 GM models (except with generator mounted power steering pump). Choose plain or polished.
Powermaster's warranty is one year from the date of purchase on all street rod components, and 90 days for any component use for an off road or race application.
Powermaster will provide technical support regarding warranty claims and inquiries directly to the purchaser to help resolve any warranty claims or necessary technical support for warranty resolution. Component or components can be returned to Speedway Motors as long as the product is still under warranty.
All customer service inquiries pertaining to warranty and defect claims are to be handled by Speedway Motors if under one year street or 90 days race. If the product is out of warranty please contact Powermaster direct to discuss their repair and return program.
910-67170 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Learn about GM alternator identification in our guide. We cover GM 3 wire alternators, 1 wire alternators, and externally regulated so you know what to choose.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
These are the specifications for the alternator and A/C brackets from Bill's Hot Rod Company available at Speedway Motors.