Percys Speedglass Window Material, 1/4 Inch Thick
This amazing material from Percy's is just the ticket for windshields, side and rear windows. Not to be confused with the more economical plexi-glass, this material allows anyone to cut to fit with common hand tools, but its special coating is scratch and chemical resistant.
This surface hardened plastic is similar to Lexan, but can be cleaned like normal glass without scratching. You can even use windshield wipers on it and clean it with standard glass cleaners.
- 50% - 75% lighter than glass (depending on thickness)
- 1/2 the weight per equal thickness of glass
- Extremely shatterproof
- Excellent optical clarity
- Coated on both sides with a very scratch resistant coating
- Highly scratch and chemical resistant
- High resistance to pitting or sand blast effect
- Can be cleaned with standard glass cleaner, no extra polishes or cleaners needed
- Excellent water shedding capabilities
SpeedGlass Instructions (PDF)
- Technical Info (PDF)
- This product is discontinued.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Part 1 of Model A roadster windshield parts. Learn how we created posts from Tim's own roadster.
Learn about the defining differences between 1933 and 1934 Fords, including interior and exterior differences.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Pat show how our Speedy Bill shotgun scoop kit looks installed.
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
How to install AVS side window deflectors on a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500.
Learn the different purposes of tempered glass and laminated glass.