PerTronix NE-181 Ignitor North East 8 cyl distributor
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
For over thirty years, the Ignitor has proven itself in applications ranging from race cars to tractors. The Ignitor replaces breaker points and troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a dependable, self contained and maintenance free electronic ignition system. The Ignitor has been called the "stealth" ignition because of its quick installation and nearly undetectable presence under your distributor cap. There is no "black-box" to clutter the engine compartment. For optimal performance, use the Ignitor with Flame-Thrower 40,000 volt coils. Delivers twice the voltage to the spark plugs, increasing horsepower, fuel economy, and spark plug life. 2:1 improvement over "points" in current fall time for increased coil output. Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit. No points to burn, no moving parts to wear out. Epoxy molding makes our module impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture. Stable timing - no need for any adjustments. Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions. Legal in all 50 states and Canada.
- Delivers twice the voltage to the spark plugs, increasing horsepower, fuel economy, and spark plug life.
- 2:1 improvement over "points" in current fall time for increased coil output.
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit . ...no points to burn, ...no moving parts to wear out.
- Epoxy molding makes our module impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture.
- Stable timing ...no need for any adjustments.
Application1933-34 Packard Eight, Super Eight V8 (Ignitor version available in 12V positive ground, add P12 suffix, With four lobe point cam, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires, Kit contains two modules for dual coil application)
WarrantiesBacked by a 30 month warranty.
More Like This
Pertronix Ignitor Kits for Mallory 4 Cylinder Dual Point Distributors
PerTronix ML-181 Ignitor Kit-Mallory 8 Cylinder Dual Point Distributor
PerTronix ML-161 Ignitor Kit-Mallory 6 Cylinder Dual Point Distributor
PerTronix 1181 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1957-74 GM V8
PerTronix 1383 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1951-58 Mopar V8
PerTronix 1282 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1954-56 Ford V8
Pertronix Ignitor Kit, 42-48 Flathead V8 w/Front Mount Dist 6 Volt POS
PerTronix 1569P6 Ignitor, Autolite 6 Cylinder
PerTronix 1544P12 Ignitor, Prestolite 4 Cylinder, 12 Volt, Positive
PerTronix 1566 Prestolite Ignitor, 6 Cylinder
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.