PerTronix D71002 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Blue
Street/Strip HEI III distributors are built from the ground up with all new components. We have engineered a special high energy module and coil combination that operates without misfires beyond 7500 RPM with multi-sparks and an adjustable digital rev limiter. That’s nearly 3000 RPM higher than most stock HEI distributors. Flame-Thrower HEI distributor produce 67% more energy with a 45% faster spark breakdown time when compared to the stock HEI. This means twice the energy to the spark plugs. Our tests show that with these improvements wider plug gaps can be used resulting in an increasing flame kernel growth for more efficient combustion. New lightweight aluminum alloy housing. Aligned and honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life. Centerless ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation. Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with camshaft. High dielectric strength cap with brass terminals and low resistance center coil brush. Balanced rotor with nylon screws prevent arcing and reduce vibration at high RPMs. Adjustable vacuum advance canister and high performance advance curve. Precision machined chromoly advance weights and center plate eliminate erratic timing. Meets stringent automobile susceptibility, vibration and shock requirements. Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-23)
- Chevy Small Block/Big Block, blue cap with multiple sparks and digital rev-limiter
- HEI III module integrates multi-spark discharge thru red line plus an adjustable digital rev limiter with advanced micro processor dwell control keeping the module and coil cooler with dwell current at 7.2 amps
- New lightweight aluminum alloy housing with aligned and honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life.
- Centerless ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation.
- Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with camshaft. (Bronze distributor gear available)
- High dielectric strength cap with brass terminals and low resistance center coil brush.
WarrantiesLimited one year warranty
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 447D71002 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
More Like This
PerTronix D71050 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Black
PerTronix D71000 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Black
PerTronix D71052 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Blue
PerTronix D71070 Flame-Thrower Race HEI Distributor, Chevy V8, Black
PerTronix D71001 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Red
PerTronix D71051 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Red
PerTronix D71201 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Pontiac 301-455
PerTronix D71202 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Pontiac 301-455
PerTronix D71350 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Ford 221-302
PerTronix D71352 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Ford 221-302
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.