PerTronix D186811 Flame-Thrower Billet Distributor VW Type 1 Engine
HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Mechanical Advance Type, Red, Natural
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Plug n' Play billet distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance at a price you can afford. Our distributors ship with Ignitor technology modules. Replace your outdated points, electronic distributor or bulky HEIs with this performance proven system. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect two wires and start it up! For even more performance, consider adding one of our compatible Flame-Thrower coils for increased spark energy and higher RPM potential. The lineup includes the Flame-Thrower canister style coils as well as our HV E-core style coils. Integrated Ignitor electronic ignition delivers more voltage to the spark plugs, increasing horsepower, fuel economy, and spark plug life. Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution. Compensates for inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range. Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up. Compatible with most Capacitive Discharge Systems.
- Plug and Play with Ignitor, Non-Vacuum, Red Cap
- Precision CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum housings are lightweight yet offer maximum strength.
- Our Billet distributors ship with Ignitor modules factory installed.
- Each billet distributor is hand polished and buffed to a high luster.
- Tempered distributor shaft has low torsion displacement for accurate timing and extended operational life.
- Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing work together to reduce friction and provide shaft and advance mechanism stability reducing high RPM vibration.
WarrantiesWarranty: 30 Months electronics / Limited 1 year mechanical.
More Like This
PerTronix D182604 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D7180811 Flame-Thrower Distributor Billet VW Type 1 Engine
PerTronix D182604 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D186604 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D180811 Flame-Thrower Billet Distributor VW Type 1 Engine
PerTronix D186504 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D7182504 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D182504 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D189504 Flame-Thrower Distridutor, VW Type 1, 6 Volt
PerTronix D180813 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1, Gray
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.