PerTronix D150801 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Buick V8, Red Cap
400 Buick Big Block V8, 430 Buick Big Block V8, 455 Buick Big Block V8, Mechanical Advance Type
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Flame-Thrower billet distributor with Ignitor II electronics for Buick 400, 430, & 455 engines non vacuum advance. Red female style cap.
Plug n play billet distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance and easy installation all at a price that you can afford. Replace your outdated points or electronic distributor with this performance proven distributor and which features the patented IgnitorÂ® II electronics and a CNC machined 6061 T-6 polished billet housing.Features
• Integrated patented Ignitor II technology with adaptive dwell control.
• Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution.
• A powerful micro controller with adaptive dwell algorithms constantly adjust the dwell angle to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range for increased high and low RPM performance.
• Ignitor II compensates for inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range.
• Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up.
• Precision CNC machined billet housings are polished to a high luster.
• Tempered distributor shafts have low torsion displacement for accurate timing and longer life.
• Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing work together to reduce friction and high RPM vibration.
• Precision stamped advance weights eliminate erratic timing.
• Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting functions permits multiple settings. Distributors are factory set with a performance advance curve and are provided with additional springs for custom advance curves.
• High dielectric strength cap with male or female brass terminals and premium rotor with brass contact.
• Compatible with most Capacitive Discharge Systems.
• Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-12). Note: Non vacuum advance distributors do not have an E.O. number and are not legal for sale or use on pollution controlled motor vehicles.
• Warranty: 30 months electronics / Limited 1 year mechanical. Flame-Thrower billet distributors are frequently used in tight engine compartments due to their Plug n Play design and relatively small size.Although our distributors fit their intended engine application, each vehicle application must be evaluated independently to insure adequate space for distributor fitment as well as air cleaner and hood clearance.
- PerTronix D150801 Flame-Thrower Electronic Distributor Billet Buick V8 Plug and Play with Ignitor II Technology Non Vacuum Advance Red Cap
More Like This
PerTronix D7150811 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Buick V8, Red
PerTronix D7150810 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Buick V8, Blk
PerTronix D7150800 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Buick V8, Blk
PerTronix D7150700 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Buick V8, Blk
PerTronix D7150701 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Buick V8, Red
PerTronix D150701 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Buick V8, Red Cap
PerTronix D150700 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Buick V8, Black Cap
PerTronix D7150801 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Buick V8, Red
PerTronix D150800 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Buick V8, Black Cap
PerTronix D150810 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Buick V8, Black Cap
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.