PerTronix D1370 Flame-Thrower Race Distributor HEI, SBF 221-302, Black
Ford Small Block V8, Not Computer-Controlled Compatible, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Black
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Compared to our street/strip version, race units produce 42% more energy with 46% faster spark breakdown time allowing 48% more peak current to reach the spark plug. This abundant energy doubles the spark intensity during the critical one millisecond of burn time.
Great for both circle track and drag race applications where factory type HEI distributors are mandated.Features
- New lightweight A384 cast aluminum alloy housing.
- Aligned and honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life.
- Centerless ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation.
- RACE ONLY 7.2 amp module and 50,000 volt coil.
- Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with cam.
- High dielectric strength cap with solid brass terminals and low resistance center coil brush.
- Balanced rotor with nylon screws prevent arching and reduce vibration at high RPMs.
- Specially designed vacuum lockout prevents changes to rotor phasing to maximize combustion burn time at high RPMs.
- Tig welded rotor and advance plates prevent high RPM distortion while improving reliability.
- Precision machined chromoly advance weights and center plate eliminate erratic timing.
- Additional advance springs included for fine tuning the advance curve to your needs.
- Limited One Year Warranty.
- PerTronix D1370 Flame-Thrower Race Distributor HEI Ford Small Block Black Cap
More Like This
PerTronix D1350 Flame-Thrower Distributor HEI, SBF 221-302, Black
PerTronix D1352 Flame-Thrower Distributor HEI, SBF 221-302, Blue
PerTronix D1372 Flame-Thrower Race Distributor HEI, SBF 221-302, Blue
PerTronix D7130810 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBF 221-302
PerTronix D7130811 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBF 221-302
PerTronix D7130711 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBF 221-302
PerTronix D7130710 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBF 221-302
PerTronix D7130800 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBF 221-302
PerTronix D7130801 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBF 221-302
PerTronix D7130700 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBF 221-302
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
A quick rundown on how to set initial timing on the Small Block Chevy 350 and the Ford 302.
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.