PerTronix D1171 Flame-Thrower Race Distributor HEI, Olds V8, Red
HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Mechanical Advance Type, Red, Natural
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Compared to our street/strip version, race units produce 42% more energy with 46% faster spark breakdown time allowing 48% more peak current to reach the spark plug. This abundant energy doubles the spark intensity during the critical one millisecond of burn time.
Great for both circle track and drag race applications where factory type HEI distributors are mandated.Features
- New lightweight A384 cast aluminum alloy housing.
- Aligned and honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life.
- Centerless ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation.
- RACE ONLY 7.2 amp module and 50,000 volt coil.
- Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with cam.
- High dielectric strength cap with solid brass terminals and low resistance center coil brush.
- Balanced rotor with nylon screws prevent arching and reduce vibration at high RPMs.
- Specially designed vacuum lockout prevents changes to rotor phasing to maximize combustion burn time at high RPMs.
- Tig welded rotor and advance plates prevent high RPM distortion while improving reliability.
- Precision machined chromoly advance weights and center plate eliminate erratic timing.
- Additional advance springs included for fine tuning the advance curve to your needs.
- Limited One Year Warranty.
Application1965-1971 Oldsmobile 442
1957 Oldsmobile 88
1958-1984 Oldsmobile 98
1971-1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
1978-1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
1980-1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser
1975-1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon
1971-1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass Tiara
1962-1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass
1967-1968 Oldsmobile Delmont 88
1965-1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88
1958-1966 Oldsmobile Dynamic
1961-1972 Oldsmobile F85
1957-1963 Oldsmobile Fiesta
1962-1963 Oldsmobile Jetfire
1964-1966 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88
1973-1979 Oldsmobile Omega
1957-1979 Oldsmobile Starfire
1957-1964 Oldsmobile Super 88
1966-1985 Oldsmobile Toronado
1964-1975 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
- PerTronix D1171 Flame-Thrower Race Distributor HEI Oldsmobile V8 Red Cap
- Cast Finish
- Includes Cap And Rotor
- Not Legal For Sale Or Use On Pollution Controlled Motor Vehicles
- Red Cap
More Like This
PerTronix D1101 Flame-Thrower Distributor HEI, Oldsmobile V8, Red
PerTronix D1170 Flame-Thrower Race Distributor HEI, Olds V8, Black
PerTronix D1102 Flame-Thrower Distributor HEI, Oldsmobile V8, Blue
PerTronix D1100 Flame-Thrower Distributor HEI, Oldsmobile V8, Black
PerTronix D310710 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Olds 260-455, Black
PerTronix D310711 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Olds 260-455, Red
PerTronix D71102 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Oldsmobile 260-455
PerTronix D71100 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Oldsmobile 260-455
PerTronix D71101 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Oldsmobile 260-455
MSD 8566 Oldsmobile V8 350-455 Distributor
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.