PerTronix D100701 Chevy Flame-Thrower Distributor
Chevy Small Block V8, Chevy Big Block V8, Socket / Female Cap Type, Magnetic Trigger Style, Red
Replace your outdated points, electronic distributor or bulky HEI with this performance proven system. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect two wires and start it up! Features the reliable and accurate Ignitor II pickup module for maximum performance in a compact package. Compatible with most most CD ignition systems (MSD 6-Series, etc.).
Fits S/B and B/B Chevy V8. For even more performance, consider adding a Flame-Thrower coil for increased spark energy and higher RPM potential. Distributor cannot be used with solid core (wire core) ignition wires.
- CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum housings offer maximum strength
- Housing is hand polished and buffed to a high luster
- Tempered distributor shaft for accurate timing and extended operational life
- Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing provide high RPM stability
- Ignitor II module with adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the RPM range
- Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution
- Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting function permits multiple settings
- Factory set with a performance advance curve
- Additional springs for custom advance curves are provided
- High dielectric strength cap and rotor with brass terminals and contact
- This distributor has both a "mechanical advance" (with return springs and advance weights that swing out dependent upon engine rpm) and a "vacuum advance" canister on the side of the distributor body. The vacuum advance uses a small vacuum hose that attaches to the carburetor which allows the ignition to be advanced during periods of high intake manifold vacuum (part-throttle and deceleration mostly) which contribute greatly to engine efficiency, economy, cooling, and throttle response.
- A small allen wrench inserted into the vacuum hose connection of the vacuum canister allows the tuner to adjust the amount of vacuum-induced advance. Different advance weights and return springs from an “Advance Weight Kit” intended for a GM points-type distributor (such as our 550-927) can be used to vary the rate and amount of advance induced by the increase of engine rpm.
- With more radical or “lopey” cams, the mechanical advance becomes more important. The vacuum signal becomes erratic in those situations and the vacuum advance canister becomes ineffective.
- Diameter at base of cap on outside of hold down boss is 5”. Cap is 4-1/32” tall.
447-10070 Instructions (PDF)
NotesCap O.D. is 4-1/8". The distance from mounting shoulder to top of distributor cap is 7-3/4" and 6-5/8" to top of rotor button (minus cap).
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.