PerTronix 500 Second Strike Igniton Box
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Second Strike is the only ignition system to providea powerful second spark throughout the entire RPMrange. Other multiple spark discharge systems typicallyrevert to one spark at about 3,000 RPM. The SecondStrike is a microcontroller based ignition supplement thatworks with most inductive type systems (points, GM HEI,Chrysler electronic ignition, Ford TFI and Duraspark, Ignitorand Ignitor II). Following the primary spark the Second Strikedelivers a powerful capacitive discharge second spark resulting inmore complete combustion. At very high RPMs the increased burn time canreduce misfires, resulting in more peak horsepower and torque.Second Strikes unique crank angle offset (CAO) feature gives you tunabilitythat no other box has. Simply turn the dial and change the time, in crankangle degrees, that the second spark occurs. A wide range of adjustmentgives you the flexibility to find which CAO works best for your engine.The integrated digital rev limiter features easy to use rotary switches, thatadjust the RPM limit to an ultra fine resolution of 100 RPMs, eliminatingthe need for old resistor style pills or chips. Proprietary algorithms providesuperior control of rev limit and a rapid response time to over rev events,preventing engine failure.Easy installation with a simple five wire hookup and detailed instructions. Nospecial distributor or ignition coil are required.
- Second Strike Ignition System Features
- Only system to provide a second spark throughout the RPM range.
- Powerful CD second spark resulting in more complete combustion.
- Increased burn time increases horsepower and torque at high RPMs.
- Unique (CAO) feature adjusts the timing of the second spark.
- Built-in digital rev limiter with high resolution.
- Digital rotary switches permit easy adjustment.
- Adaptive voltage feature prevents overdriving the ignition coil.
- Voltage protection prevents damage from reversed polarity.
- Tachometer output with TTL interface and near 50% duty cycle makeour limiters compatible with most modern tachometers.
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada. (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-22)
Limited One Year Warranty.
- PerTronix 500 Second Strike Igniton Box
More Like This
PerTronix 510 Digital HP Ignition Box, Black
PerTronix 512 Digital HP Ignition Box, Silver
Speedway SBC Small Block Chevy V8 HEI Circle Track Ignition Kit
MSD 62152 MSD DIS-4 Plus Distributorless 4 Channel
MSD 6530 MSD Digital Programmable 6AL-2
MSD 6560 MSD 6M-2L Marine Certified Ignition with Rev Limit
MSD 7531 Programmable Digital-7 Plus
MSD 7562 Programmable Launch Boost Controller
MSD 7720 Power Grid System - Ignition Control Only
MSD 8680 Adjustable Timing Control
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
This creative Chevelle project explains the process of installing a battery box into a retro cooler with some hiccups along the way. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.