Optima Batteries 9004-003 Group 34/78 12V Red Top Battery
Universal Fit, AGM Battery Type, 10.00" Overall Length, 6.88" Overall Width, 40.20 lbs. Weight
- Offers the strongest starting burst of any battery
- Features a 4 post design - two on top and two on the side
- Designed to be maintenance free and can put out up to 1000 amps
- Its spill proof design makes it possible to mount in virtually any position
- Provides up to 3X longer life span and is 15 times more vibration-resistant
As featured on Classic Truck’s Week to Wicked. Watch the transformation here!
The REDTOP high-performance AGM battery is the ultimate starting battery and is designed to deliver a strong burst of ignition power for a reliable start-up every time. It has high-power delivery and extreme resistance to the most common causes of battery failure.
- Strongest starting burst
- Up to 3X longer life
- 15 times more vibration-resistant
- Virtually spill-proof
- Mountable in virtually any position
- Faster recharging
- Optimal starting power
4 post design - two on top and two on the side. Posts are 1-1/8" tall.
Optima Spec Sheet (PDF)
NOTE: For circle track/off-road applications, we recommend the Optima Deep Cycle battery (Yellow Top).
Can't Ship Air!
- The vehicle must have a properly working alternator, and should not have “aftermarket accessories” with amperage drain exceeding 10 amps. For applications with extra accessories, the correct Optima battery to use is the Yellow Top.
- The vehicle must have a fully functional voltage regulated charging system. Use of accessories that prevent the charging system form maintaining the battery in a fully charged state will void the warranty and cause premature failure. For these applications, an Optima deep cycle battery is recommended for this combination of starting and heavy cycling.
- Red top batteries should only be used for hot rod/street rod/OE applications where the system has a fully functional voltage regulated charging system. Red top batteries should not be used for off road/circle track aftermarket performance applications. The warranty is voided when a red top battery is used with out a fully functional voltage regulated charging system.
Optima Red Top Warranty Info
- 12V Passenger Vehicle / Light Truck
- 36 Months Free Replacement, Remaining 36 Month Prorated
- Abusive service / Deep Cycle Applications / Car Audio
- Not covered
Complete Warranty - Purchased Before 2-1-09 (PDF)
Complete Warranty - Purchased On or After 2-1-09 (PDF)
- 800 Cranking Amps @ 0° F
- 1000 Cranking Amps @ 32° F
- Dimensions: 10.00" x 6.88" x 7.81"
- Weight: 40.2 lbs.
- Reserve Capacity: 100 minutes
- Post Type: Dual SAE/GM
- Optima Spec Sheet (PDF)
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Kurt sees himself as the caretaker of this Nomad. Built by a family friend years ago, Kurt honors his memory by keeping his Nomad out on the road where it belongs.
There are 3 basic automotive battery designs in use today. Here is some information about each.