Optima Batteries 34/78-1050 Std Group 34/78 Red Top Battery, 1000 CA
Universal Fit, AGM Battery Type, 10.00" Overall Length, 6.88" Overall Width, 40.20 lbs. Weight
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
As featured on Classic Truck’s Week to Wicked. Watch the transformation here!
Discover the revolutionary new technology that has changed the way the world looks at batteries: Optimas famous Spiralcell Technology. These batteries last 2-3 times longer than other batteries and are 100% maitenance free. Plus, with the unique sealed design, you can mount them in any position.
- Strongest 5 second starting burst
- Up to 2x longer life
- More than 15x the vibration resistance
- Completely spill-proof, mountable in many positions
- Maintenance free
- Faster recharging capabilities
- Optimal starting power, regardless of temperature
4 post design - two on top and two on the side. Posts are 1-1/8" tall.
Optima Spec Sheet (PDF)
NOTE: For circle track / off road applications, we recommend the Optima Deep Cycle battery (Yellow Top).
Item Details'9-15/16" X 6-13/16" X 7-13/16" Can''t ship Air!'
- The vehicle must have a properly working alternator, and should not have “aftermarket accessories” with amperage drain exceeding 10 amps. For applications with extra accessories, the correct Optima battery to use is the Yellow Top.
- The vehicle must have a fully functional voltage regulated charging system. Use of accessories that prevent the charging system form maintaining the battery in a fully charged state will void the warranty and cause premature failure. For these applications, an Optima deep cycle battery is recommended for this combination of starting and heavy cycling.
- Red top batteries should only be used for hot rod/street rod/OE applications where the system has a fully functional voltage regulated charging system. Red top batteries should not be used for off road/circle track aftermarket performance applications. The warranty is voided when a red top battery is used with out a fully functional voltage regulated charging system.
Optima Red Top Warranty Info
- 12V Passenger Vehicle / Light Truck
- 36 Months Free Replacement, Remaining 36 Month Prorated
- Abusive service / Deep Cycle Applications / Car Audio
- Not covered
Complete Warranty - Purchased Before 2-1-09 (PDF)
Complete Warranty - Purchased On or After 2-1-09 (PDF)
More Like This
Optima Batteries 75/25-925 Standard Red Top Battery, 910 CA
XS Power S925 12 Volt AGM Power Cell Battery
Optima Batteries 34-910 Redtop 35 Battery
Optima Batteries 6V-1050 6-Volt Battery
Optima Batteries D34-78-950 Deep Cycle Yellow Top Battery, 870 CA
Speedway Motors Optima Battery Installation Kit, Mount/Cables
Speedway Motors Optima Battery Installation Kit, Billet Mount
XS Power D680 12 Volt Deep Cycle AGM Battery, 7.28 x 6.67 x 3.19 Inch
XS Power D1200 12 Volt Deep Cycle AGM Battery, 7.8 x 6.69 x 6.54 Inch
Braille B3121 No-Weight Battery, 550 CCA
Q & A
There are 3 basic automotive battery designs in use today. Here is some information about each.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
This creative Chevelle project explains the process of installing a battery box into a retro cooler with some hiccups along the way. Where there's a will, there's a way.