Offenhauser 1949-1953 Flathead Ford/Mercury Cylinder Head Stud Kit
- Studs have superior "pull down torque" and are a great upgrade from standard bolts
- Flathead decks are thin and their threads are easily stripped making head studs a necessity
- The combination of fine upper threads and hardened washers also prevents galling and ensures accurate torque readings
- This kit works well with both aluminum and iron heads
- Never worry about blown head gaskets again!
Highly recommended for all 1939-53 Flathead Ford/Mercury with aluminum heads. Flathead decks are thin and their threads are easily stripped. The outer end of these Grade 8 studs have fine threads and with the hardened washers (included) which prevent galling and ensure accurate torque readings.
Full set of head studs, nuts and washers for one engine. Specify year of engine: 1939-48 or 1949-53.
Item Details1939-1948 or 1949-1953
- 1939-1948 engines use 24 studs per head (48 per engine) that are 3.25" long
- 1949-1953 engines use 10 short studs (3") and 14 long studs (3.25") per head (48 total studs per engine)
- Use sealer on block threads – Moroso part number 54535500
- Use anti-seize on nuts and upper studs – Speedway part number 91016009
560-13953 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
ARP 154-4102 Head Stud Kit, 1949-53 Ford Flathead For Edelbrock Heads
ARP 154-4104 Head Stud Kit, 1949-53 Flathead for Offenhauser Heads
1949-1953 Flathead Cylinder Head Stud/Nut Kit, Ford/Mercury V8
Stud Kit for Flathead Head Mount Generator Brackets
ARP 151-4101 Head Stud Kit, 1938-48 Ford Flathead for Edelbrock Heads
ARP 134-4001 Small Block Chevy Head Stud Kit
ARP 100-7101 7/16 Inch Rocker Arm Stud Kit, Chevy/Ford
ARP 134-5401 Small Block Chevy 2 Bolt Main Stud Kit
ARP 134-5601 Small Block Chevy 4-Bolt Main Stud Kit
ARP 234-1901 Small Block Chevy Oil Pan Stud Kit
Q & A
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Learn how to identify Chevy heads on your small block with our Chevy cylinder head identification guide. Our images cover Chevrolet small blocks since 1955.
Follow along as Jeff installs Mr. Gasket aluminum finned valve covers and gaskets to his iron-head engine. Learn how to prep the covers for a fresh coat of engine paint!