Offenhauser 5174 GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, GM Clutch
Ford Flathead V8, Many Transmissions
Now you can easily mount a modern, fully synchronized GM manual transmission to your early Ford or Mercury Flathead V8 engine! This is a great way to get better driveability and improved performance from your 1932-48 Ford or 1939-50 Mercury Flathead.
This aluminum adapter permits the use of most GM-style 3-, 4- or 5-speed Muncie, Borg Warner, Saginaw and T-5 manual transmissions behind your Flathead V8s. Adapter is used in conjunction with Flathead flywheel and a GM-style clutch fork and bearing (or Speedway bearing and arm kit 916-29510).
- Mounts common Muncie, Borg Warner, Saginaw and T-5 GM style manual transmissions
- For use with GM-style clutch fork and bearing (our part #9162915)
- Recommended for use with Borg & Beck or diaphragm-style pressure plate
- Use with original flathead flywheel (re-drilling of the pressure plate bolt pattern may be required)
Learn more about using T5 transmissions with these adapter plates by reading our tech article. Adapting a T5 to a Ford Flathead V8.
Item DetailsUses Borg & Beck or Diaphragm-style clutch
- 1932-1948 Ford Flathead V8s
- 1939-1950 Mercury V8s
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
This new steel bellhousing from Speedway Motors is made for everyone who wants to run three pedals without spending a fortune or relying on a crusty original.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Tech write-up and a video of a Lokar shifter install on an automatic transmission.
Learn how to install our new Muscle Car Shifters from Lokar.
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.