New T-Bird Power Steering Rack & Pinion for Mustang II Crossmembers
Power Rack Type, 45.125" Overall Length, 15.5" Center to Center, 2.50 Turns Lock to Lock, Steel
- 82-'88 High Flow T-bird power rack
- Includes -6AN adapter fittings for pressure and return ports on rack
- Fits aftermarket crossmembers. Requires offset bushings to mount to original Mustang II crossmembers, sold separately.
- Has a 3/4" - 36 spline input
- Center to center of mounting bolts is 15 1/2"
This power steering rack & pinion unit fits aftermarket Mustang II crossmembers. This power rack is modeled after the 1982-88 T-bird design with 9/16"-18 and 5/8"-18 O-ring port threads (includes male -6 AN adapter fittings). Uses a 3/4"-36 spline U-joint. Can be used with a Saginaw GM power steering pump without any additional valves or inline pressure regulators.
- Fits aftermarket Mustang II crossmembers
- Aftermarket unit built with all-new components
- Overall width is 45-1/8"
- 15-1/2" mount centers
- Includes -6AN adapter fittings
- Mount bushings are included
- Accepts 3/4"-36 spline U-joints
- The Power Steering unit has 9/16"-18 and 5/8"-18 O-ring style ports and includes adapter fittings to male AN# 6 fittings. If you have an inverted flare fitting on your existing lines, that will not work.
- The Power Steering unit can be used with our standard GM pumps 91032922-GM, 91032908-BLK and 91032908-CHR, and with braided hose kit 6174835 or the black rubber hose kit 91032535 when used in conjunction with adapter fittings provided with the rack and pinion.
- Applicable Bump Steer Kit # 721-BAX102 now available when application may require.
- When converting from a manual rack to the power rack assembly, we suggest the longer installation bolt kit # 910-34342-2 and rack spacer # 910-1023
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Ford Mustang II Power Steering TBird Style Rack & Pinion
Rebuilt T-Bird Power Steering Rack & Pinion for Mustang II Crossmembers
T-Bird Steering Rack & Pinion W/ Offset Mount Bushing Kit
Mustang II Manual Steering Rack & Pinion with Bushings Kit
Speedway Chrome Mustang II Manual Steering Rack & Pinion
Detroit Speed 090220 21.5 Inch Tuned Power Rack and Pinion
EMi Stallard® Micro Sprint Rack and Pinion, SST
Q & A
Our new 383 engine gets installed in the '32 Roadster. We also update the steering wheel, shift knob/adapter, and wheels and tires. It's got some real 1960's flair now!
If you're going to buy a horn isn't it nice to know what it sounds like first? That's why Speedway produced a helpful video to hear the differences in the unique horns that we offer.
Learn how to hook up a horn button in your vehicle. Watch our video on the install of an Ididit car horn button and our video on turn signal synchronization.
Learn about rack and pinion steering and the benefits to this specific system. This type of steering design uses a set of gears to convert rotational motion into linear motion. Find out more on the differences between manual vs. powered styles.
How and when to service the rack and pinion in your micro sprint. Find out what can happen to your steering if you do not maintain the steering components.
How to install an electronic power steering unit in a micro sprint and the benefits of using power steering. This article includes which parts to use to complete your power steering installation.
If you are confused as to how that new steering wheel you want is going to attach to your project's steering column then this buyer's guide should be your first visit before adding that new wheel to your shopping list.