Mustang ll Manual Steering Rack & Pinion 9/16-26 Spline-Pinto/Bobcat
Universal Fit, 26 Spline Count
- These all new rack and pinion units fit aftermarket Mustang II crossmembers and are available in manual or power steering
- All new parts are used eliminating a core charge and ensures quality components
- Manual version has 16" mount centers and 9/16"-26 spline input shaft
- Power version has 15-1/2" mount centers and 3/4"-36 spline input shaft
- Power version has 5/8" and 9/16" O-ring style ports for connection of power steering lines
Product update: The rebuilt power rack # 910-34340-POW as described here and in our previous catalogs has been phased out and replaced with a new rack # 910-35341
Fits aftermarket Mustang II crossmembers. Available in manual or power steering. Mount bushings are included with the Power version, but mount bushings are NOT included in the Manual version.
MANUAL: New manual rack and pinion steering assembly for Pinto/Bobcat/Mustang II based front suspensions in street rods and kit cars. 9/16"-26 spline input shaft. 16" mount centers. We suggest the Sweet brand u-joint 910-3247 or 910-3227. The Unisteer U-joint tends to run big on this joint. Features 14mmx1.5 thread for inner rack extensions, # 910-34345-MAN suggested.
POWER: New power rack modeled from the 1982-88 T-bird design which will work with aftermarket Mustang II crossmembers. Bushings included. (Can be used with a Saginaw GM power steering pump without any additional valves or inline pressure regulators). Overall width is 45-1/8" with 15-1/2" mount centers. Must use offset bushings (910-34342) to mount to original Mustang II crossmembers. 3/4"-36 spline input shaft. Uses 910-4047 -6AN adapter fittings. Rack has 9/16"-18 female o-ring high pressure inlet and 5/8"-18 female o-ring low pressure outlet return line threaded ports. Replacement sku for rack and pinion hard lines is 910-35344.
- Mount bushings are included with the Power version, but mount bushings are NOT included in the Manual version.
- The Power Steering unit has 5/8" and 9/16" O-ring style ports. If you have an inverted flare fitting on your existing lines, that will not work.
- The Power Steering unit can be used with our standard GM pumps 91032922-GM, 91032908-BLK & -CHR, and with hose kits 910-32535 and 617-4835.
- Applicable Bump Steer Kit # 721-BAX102 now available when application may require.
NotesPivot point center to center is 24.50" This rack has raw aluminum and casting and a steel center tube. Mount bushings are NOT included in manual version. Tie rod end threads are 9/16-18
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Speedway Chrome Mustang II Manual Steering Rack & Pinion
Detroit Speed 090220 21.5 Inch Tuned Power Rack and Pinion
EMi Stallard® Micro Sprint Rack and Pinion, SST
Mustang II Manual Steering Rack & Pinion with Bushings Kit
Unisteer 1933-34 Ford Cross-Steer Rack and Pinion
Unisteer Cross Steer Rack & Pinion for 1935-40 Ford
Unisteer 1928-34 Ford Cross-Steer Rack and Pinion, RH Drive
1958-64 Chevy Power Rack and Pinion
T-Bird Steering Rack & Pinion W/ Offset Mount Bushing Kit
Unisteer 1928-32 Ford Cross-Steer Rack and Pinion
Q & A
Our new 383 engine gets installed in the '32 Roadster. We also update the steering wheel, shift knob/adapter, and wheels and tires. It's got some real 1960's flair now!
If you're going to buy a horn isn't it nice to know what it sounds like first? That's why Speedway produced a helpful video to hear the differences in the unique horns that we offer.
Learn how to install a front axle in your 410 sprint car as the guys on our build team keep progress moving. You won't want to miss this!
In this Tech Tip, John helps a customer troubleshoot his heavy steering in his project.
Learn about rack and pinion steering and the benefits to this specific system. This type of steering design uses a set of gears to convert rotational motion into linear motion. Find out more on the differences between manual vs. powered styles.
How and when to service the rack and pinion in your micro sprint. Find out what can happen to your steering if you do not maintain the steering components.
How to install an electronic power steering unit in a micro sprint and the benefits of using power steering. This article includes which parts to use to complete your power steering installation.