Mustang II Bolt-On Coil-Over Kit w/ QA1 Fixed Valve Shocks
74-78 Ford Mustang II, Steel Shock Body Material, 3.38 Shock Stroke, Chrome
- This coil over kit provides the highest quality performance characteristics for your Mustang II front end
- Unique tapered (barrel shaped) springs are designed specifically for use with the included shock and factory upper spring bucket
- True bolt on kit that is designed for all specialty cars using a Mustang II front suspension
- Beautiful chrome plated shocks and springs are perfect for show cars as well as daily drivers
- Ride height adjustability enables you to fine tune the stance of your vehicle
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
These kits provide the highest quality performance characteristics for your Mustang II front end. The unique "half barrel" shape springs are designed specifically for use with the included coil-over shocks and the factory upper spring pocket. This enables the use of a longer spring, which allows for a lighter overall spring rate. By building the upper section of the spring to factory dimensions, this puts the weight back into the frame instead of on a single stud.
- For stock-to-2" lowered cars (no less)
- Fixed, non-adjustable valving
- Developed for high performance with increased travel
- Fully adjustable ride height using included aluminum spanner nut
- Easy bolt-in installation
- Unique spring fits the stock upper seat in the frame
- Includes 2 chrome body shocks, mounting kit, 2 chrome-plated springs (choose specific rate)
NOTE: Not recommended for front axle weights in excess of 1900 lbs.
Spring Rate Chart (Link)
Coil-Over Mounting Guide (GIF)
Includes 2 shocks and 2 springs.
- Can be installed with no special tools, and delivers the ride characteristics of "other" coil-overs.
- This is a true bolt-on coil-over kit for all specialty cars using Pinto/Mustang II based front suspensions. Kits work with stock or aftermarket crossmembers and upper control arms, stock lower control arms or tubular replacements will work also. Some fitting required.
- Mounted Length: 10-5/8" to 11-1/4" (upper shock stud to lower shock eye at ride height)
- Lower control arm level or slightly higher at inner end
- Free Height: 8.125"
- Small End: 2.5" I.D.
- Large End: 3.5: I.D.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
QA1 ME303 Coil-Over Shocks for Mustang IIPart # 2553336Qty x 2
Replacement Springs for Mustang II CoiloversPart # 2558MQty x 2
QA1 Pin Cross 0.750" O.D.Part # 2559035143Qty x 2
More Like This
Mustang II Bolt-On Coil-Over Kit w/ QA1 Adjustable Shocks
QA1 MD301-08700 Mustang II Coil-Over Conversion System, 700 lb.
QA1 MD302-08600 Mustang II Coil-Over Conversion System, 600 lb.
QA1 MR301-08375 R Series Mustang II Drag Race Coil-Over System
QA1 MR301-08700 R Series Mustang II Drag Race Coil-Over System
QA1 MR302-08600 R Series Mustang II Drag Race Coil-Over System
QA1 MS301-08375 Mustang II Coil-Over Conversion System, 375 lb.
QA1 MR303-08700 R Series Mustang II Drag Race Coil-Over System
QA1 MS301-08600 Mustang II Coil-Over Conversion System, 600 lb.
QA1 MS302-08500 Mustang II Coil-Over Conversion System, 500 lb.
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!
Product guru Jeff K. takes us along as he updates the suspension on his 1946 Ford Sedan Delivery with a set of fresh Mustang II coilovers following an unfortunate incident with a pothole.
Speedway Motors employee Steve is back to work on his 1976 Chevrolet Laguna, this time installing a QA1 Coilover kit in his front suspension.
Speedway Motors shares a How-To of selecting the right coilovers for your T-Bucket.
See how Jeff converts his 1967 Chevelle rear suspension to QA1 double adjustable coil-over suspension. This allows added adjustability for ride height and compression and rebound characteristics.
Learn how to mount coil-overs with this guide. We can help you find your spring rate, compensate for mounted angle, and measure your replacement shock.
We add some tuneability to the suspension on Project Chevelle by bolting on QA1 coilovers front and rear.