Moroso 23901 Oil Accumulator, 1.5 Quart Capacity
Universal Fit, Aluminum, Natural, 15.00" Overall Length, 4.25" Diameter, 1.50 quarts Capacity
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This Moroso oil accumulator prevents intermittent loss of oil pressure that can occur under hard acceleration, severe cornering or hard braking. If oil pressure drops below optimum levels, an air-charged piston automatically forces up to 1.5 quarts of reserve oil to the main galleries.
The Accumulator is tapped to the pressure side of the engine’s oiling system. When the engine is running, oil pressure forces reserve oil into the accumulator and compresses the air ahead. When the danger is over and the pump is once again primed with oil, the oil pressure forces oil back into the Accumulator where it is ready for the next emergency. Moroso Accumulators can also be used to manually pre-lube engines before starting to prevent cold-start scuffing and premature bearing wear.
- Perfect for Sport Compacts and other vehicles with 4- and 6-cylinder engines
- 1-1/2 quarts of oil under pressure provide emergency supply instantaneously when needed
- Air Pressure gauge verifies that Accumulator is ready for use
- Cold start valve releases oil into cold engine for reduced wear
- Tapped for 1/2" NPT fitting
- Can be mounted in any position using Moroso Accumulator Mount Brackets
545-23901 Instructions (PDF)
- 10" x 4-1/4" cylinder
- Use with Barnes S/B Chevy adapter # 205-8912
Q & A
Tired of pulling your breather to pour oil in your system? We've got you covered.
Tim talks about early Hemi oil adapters.
Pat shows some of the LS oil pans we have to offer.
Greg walks step by step through priming your engine.