Moroso 23901 Oil Accumulator, 1.5 Quart Capacity
Universal Fit, Aluminum, Natural, 15.00" Overall Length, 4.25" Diameter, 1.50 quarts Capacity
This Moroso oil accumulator prevents intermittent loss of oil pressure that can occur under hard acceleration, severe cornering or hard braking. If oil pressure drops below optimum levels, an air-charged piston automatically forces up to 1.5 quarts of reserve oil to the main galleries.
The Accumulator is tapped to the pressure side of the engine’s oiling system. When the engine is running, oil pressure forces reserve oil into the accumulator and compresses the air ahead. When the danger is over and the pump is once again primed with oil, the oil pressure forces oil back into the Accumulator where it is ready for the next emergency. Moroso Accumulators can also be used to manually pre-lube engines before starting to prevent cold-start scuffing and premature bearing wear.
- Perfect for Sport Compacts and other vehicles with 4- and 6-cylinder engines
- 1-1/2 quarts of oil under pressure provide emergency supply instantaneously when needed
- Air Pressure gauge verifies that Accumulator is ready for use
- Cold start valve releases oil into cold engine for reduced wear
- Tapped for 1/2" NPT fitting
- Can be mounted in any position using Moroso Accumulator Mount Brackets
- 10" x 4-1/4" cylinder
- Use with Barnes S/B Chevy adapter # 205-8912
545-23901 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Tim talks about early Hemi oil adapters.
Tired of pulling your breather to pour oil in your system? We've got you covered.
Greg walks step by step through priming your engine.
A look at some LS Oil Pans for your swap project. Our video guide walks you through some great options.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.
Follow this step by step guide on how to install adjustable LS motor mounts to set your engine location exactly where you want it.