Flaming River FR1540 Mopar Manual Steering Boxes
Manual Steering Box Type, Rear Steer Steering Box Orientation, OEM/Stock Steering System Type
- Durable cast iron construction
- Fits 1966-1982 Mopar A-body, B-body, C-body and E-body cars
- 4-turns lock to lock
- 16:1 steering ratio and 5/8"-36 spline input
- Pitman arm splined end is 7/8"-14
This cast iron manual steering box is a bolt-in replacement for 1966-1982 Mopar A-body, B-body, C-body and E-body cars. The fresh casting is filled with all-new components and uses a smaller sector shaft.
Stronger than a stock unit, this box also has a quicker 4-turns lock to lock, 16:1 steering ratio, 5/8"-36 spline input. It's a great replacement for a worn-out original box and saves weight and space over a factory power steering setup.
Pitman arm splined end is 7/8"-14
This manual steering box fits 1966-1974 A, B, C & E body cars and 1966-1974 trucks:
- 1976-1979 Dodge Aspen
- 1970-1974 Dodge Challenger
- 1966-1976 Dodge Charger
- 1966-1976 Dodge Coronet
- 1966-1976 Dodge Dart
- 1966-1974 Plymouth Barracuda
- 1966-1970 Plymouth Belvedere
- 1970-1974 Plymouth Cuda
- 1970-1976 Plymouth Duster
- 1966-1978 Plymouth Fury
- 1968-1974 Plymouth Fury I
- 1968-1974 Plymouth Fury II
- 1968-1974 Plymouth Fury III
- 1972-1977 Plymouth Grand Fury
- 1967-1971 Plymouth GTX
- 1968-1975 Plymouth Roadrunner
- 1966-1974 Plymouth Satellite
- 1971-1976 Plymouth Scamp
- 1970 Plymouth Superbird
- 1966-1976 Plymouth Valiant
- 1976-1979 Plymouth Volare
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Flaming River FR1500 Vega Steering Box
Flaming River FR1541 Reversed Corvair Steering Box
Flaming River FR1500C Chrome Vega Steering Box
Speedway Vega Power Cross Steering Gear Box Combo
1965-1991 GM 525 Manual Steering Box w/ 3/4-30 Input Spline
Speedway Vega Style Steering Box Combo, All New Assembly
Speedway Vega Cross Steering Gear Box
Speedway Reversed Corvair Parallel Steering Gear Box
Speedway Reversed Corvair Parallel Steering Gear Box Assembly
CPP VEGA-PSB Vega Power Steering Box
Q & A
Tim shows you how to adjust our Speedway Vega Steering box.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.
We get a lot of questions about steering parts. Steve talks about some of the steering basics.
Learn how to install a front axle in your 410 sprint car as the guys on our build team keep progress moving. You won't want to miss this!
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Our new 383 engine gets installed in the '32 Roadster. We also update the steering wheel, shift knob/adapter, and wheels and tires. It's got some real 1960's flair now!
Learn some of the main differences between Cross and Traditional Steering. Whether you need a corvair or vega steering box and what will suit your application the best.