Mallory Ignition 2572001 42-48 Flathead 2 Bolt Dual Point Distributor
Mallory dual point distributors stabilize contact points eliminating point float and bounce to increase coil output. Super-Duty Cap and Rotor feature brass terminals to prevent shorting and arcing.
- For '42-'48 Flatheads with 2-bolt mount
- Adjustable mechanical advance
- Self-lubricating bushings provide years of trouble-free service
- Uses special heavy-duty points for increased RPM range & coil output
- Ready to install & run
500-2318001 Instructions (PDF)
- System Requirements: 6 volt or 12 volt (any distributor that runs points can go either way)
Some '42-'48 applications may encounter water pump/fan interference due to slight increase in distributor length. Modifications may be required to install distributor. It measures approximately 4" from where it sits on the front cover to the outside of the cap. You may have to use an electrical fan to solve this problem.
- This product is discontinued.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.