MSD 85834 Ford Steel Distributor Gear for Factory Roller Cams
5.0L Ford Small Block V8
A distributor’s performance is only as good as its drive gear. MSD Ignition has put a great deal of effort into researching and testing a variety of metallurgical compositions, heat treating and coatings to provide you with a durable, accurate and strong distributor gear.
For use with Ford EFI 5.0L and 5.8L factory hydraulic roller cams. Gear has a .531" I.D.
- Increased outer hardened layer thickness (RC 55-60)
- Micro polished surface for smooth contact
- Proprietary formulated ductile iron
- Melonite QPQ coated reduces friction and initial wear
- Interstitial carbide concentration improves wear resistance
547-85834 Instructions (PDF)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 18 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
MSD 8585 Ford 351W Bronze Distributor Gear
MSD 8581 Ford 351C-460 Bronze Distributor Gear
MSD 85852 Ford 351W Iron Distributor Gear
COMP Cams 435M Melonized Distributor Gear, .530 Inch Diameter, Ford
COMP Cams 35100 Carbon Distributor Gear, .531 Inch, 221-302, 351W Ford
COMP Cams 431M Melonized Distributor Gear, .467 Inch Dia, Ford Windsor
MSD 85833 Ford Steel Distributor Gear for Aftermarket Roller Cams
MSD 8583 Small Block Ford 289-302 Bronze Distributor Gear
MSD 85832 Ford 302 Iron Distributor Gear
COMP Cams 35200 Carbon Distributor Gear, .467 Inch, 221-302, 351W Ford
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.