MSD 8558 Tall Block Chevy V8 Distributor
Chevy Small Block V8, External Ignition Box Required, HEI / Male Cap Type, None Advance Type
- Designed to fit low in the block to clear firewall and intake combinations
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and Dupont Rynite base
- Adjustable slip collar mounting flange for engines with modified deck heights
- Oversized polished steel shaft with a QPQ coating for friction reduction
- Shaft is guided by a sealed ball bearing and an extra long sintered bushing
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Must be used with an MSD Crank Trigger and MSD Ignition Control
- Supplied with large diameter HEI style distributor cap and rotor
- Supplied with bronze gear
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
MSD 8486 Super Tall Block Crab Cap Distributor, Chevy V8
MSD 84697 Chevy V8 Crank Trigger Distributor
MSD 8513 Oil Plug Wet Sump Chevy V8
MSD 8356 Small Block Chevy Dual Pickup Distributor
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
MSD 8394 Chevy Digital E-Curve Distributor
MSD 8360 Chevy V8 with Internal Module Distributor
MSD 85551 Chevy Billet Distributor
MSD 8361 Billet Chevy Distributor with Vacuum Advance
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.