MSD 8356 Small Block Chevy Dual Pickup Distributor
Chevy Small Block V8, Chevy Big Block V8, External Ignition Box Required, HEI / Male Cap Type
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This distributor was designed for the rigors of oval track racing. Built of 6061-T6 aluminum and features two magnetic pick-ups. This allows you to run two separate ignition systems and switch to the second system if the first fails, without a timing change. Must be used with MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 series boxes. Fits small block Chevy V8.
- Dual magnetic pickups are placed 180° apart to provide a complete redundant ignition system for racing applications
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- 0.500” steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing and an extra long sintered bushing
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be installed for oil pressure control (modified blocks only)
- Adjustable slip collar mounting flange for engines with modified deck heights
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor and accepts a Cap-A-Dapt
- Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8, or 10 Series Ignition
547-8356 Instructions (PDF)
More Like This
MSD 85705 Chevy Pro-Billet Distributor, Late Model/Modified
MSD 85561 Chevy Billet Distributor with Slip Collar
MSD 85501 Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor, Locked-Out Timing
MSD 85551 Chevy Billet Distributor
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
MSD 8394 Chevy Digital E-Curve Distributor
MSD 8360 Chevy V8 with Internal Module Distributor
MSD 8361 Billet Chevy Distributor with Vacuum Advance
MSD 84741 Crate engine GM Kit - PN 8360, 8207, Univ WireSet
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.