MSD 82893 Ignition Coil, Smart Coil, Black, Individual
Coil pack Coil Style, 50,000 volts Maximum Voltage, 69:01:00 Turns Ratio, 0.55 ohms Resistance
The most powerful Smart Coil on the market for use with Holley HP and Dominator ECU's and other EFI systems.
The MSD Smart Coil is a direct replacement for the popular IGN-1A coil. Here's the difference; it produces more spark energy while consuming less power without sacrificing voltage output. This means you get hotter spark at the plug to burn the maximum amount of fuel in each cylinder while using less power from your electrical system.
It is compatible with Holley EFI and many other aftermarket electronic fuel injection systems and will run on traditional 12 volt or 16 volt electrical systems found in race applications. Unique elongated mounting holes accommodate IGN-1A mounting brackets or allow it to bolt in place of an LS coil with 72mm bolt spacing. The MSD Smart Coil will bolt right on to Holley LS cast aluminum valve covers for a super clean look. Available in red or black, there's a set ready for your build.
- More spark energy than any other IGN-1A smart coil on the market for maximum fuel burn during combustion sequence
- Low current draw means less demand on the electrical and charging system
- Built-in ignitor for compatibility with Holley EFI and many other aftermarket ECU’s
- Maximum operating voltage of 17 volts – for compatibility with both 12 volt and 16 volt electrical systems found in many performance/race applications
- Same wiring pinout as other IGN-1A coils for easy plugin upgrades
- Elongated mounting holes to allow direct replacement of IGN-1A coils and will bolt in place of factory LS 1/2/3/6/7 coils with 72mm bolt spacing
- Direct bolt-on to Holley cast aluminum LS valve covers with 72mm bolt spacing
- Black Finish
The supplied connectors and pins are "Pull to Seat " This means that you need to insert the wire through the connector from the back, crimp the pin and pull it back into the connector for assembly. Always use proper crimping tools to ensure a proper connection.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
MSD 82893-8 Ignition Coil, Smart Coil, Black, 8-Pack
MSD 8289 Ignition Coil, Smart Coil, Red, Individual
MSD 8289-8 Ignition Coil, Smart Coil, Red, 8-Pack
MSD 8272 Blaster Coil, 2006-10 Chrysler V6, Single Pack, Red
MSD 8716 Blaster Coil, 2013-18 VW/Audi 4 Cylinder, Red
MSD 82576 Ford Red EcoBoost 6-Pack Coils 3.5L V6, 3-Pin Connector
MSD 87164 Blaster Coil, 2013-18 VW/Audi 4 Cylinder, Red, 4-Pack
MSD 8273 Blaster Coil, 2011-16 Chrysler V6, Single Pack, Red
MSD 82726 Blaster Coil, 2006-10 Chrysler V6, 6-Pack, Red
MSD 82736 Blaster Coil, 2011-16 Chrysler V6, 6-Pack, Red
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Jeff demonstrates how to install the front runner drive system by Vintage Air in his 1967 Chevelle project car all while maintaining a simple, factory fresh look.
Need a battery box housing unit? Follow this step by step guide on how to modify a retro cooler to house a battery box. See how to secure the battery box to a car floor.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.