MSD 8253 HVC II Coil for 6 Series Ignitions
Universal Fit, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, 100:1 Turns Ratio, 44,000 volts Maximum Voltage
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The latest coil to be built entirely in-house at MSD is designed to be used with MSD 6 Series Ignition Controls. This coil utilizes an iron U-Core design with a segmented bobbin for improved voltage distribution. The bobbin is molded from a special Dupont Rynite material and wound specifically to produce the most current possible with incredible voltage and lightning quick rise time. The blue housing is also molded from high dielectric Rynite material. The brass primary terminals are spaced far apart and the secondary tower is well protected for increased spark isolation. The housing is completely potted with an epoxy compound for vibration resistance and installs with sturdy vibration mounts.
- Designed for high rpm, long duration applications using MSD 6 Series Ignitions
- New U-core winding design produces more voltage and current
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Windings are encased in fracture resistant compound for vibration resistance
- Dupont Rynite housing with isolated tower and brass primary terminals
- Supplied with rubber shock mounts
547-8253 Instructions (PDF)
- Turns ratio: 100:1
- Primary resistance: .16 OHMs
- Secondary resistance: 630 OHMs
- Inductance: 3.5 mH
- Maximum voltage: 44,000 Volts
- Peak Current: 450 mA
- Spark duration: 450 uS
- Weight: 3.75 lbs.
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
More Like This
MSD 8261 HVC II Coil for 7 Series Ignitions
MSD 8252 Blaster HVC Coil, Works With MSD 6 Series Units
MSD 8207 Blaster SS Coil
MSD 8250 Power-Core HVC Ignition Coil
MSD 8223 Blaster 3 Coils
Electronic Ignition Coil
MSD 8203 Blaster 2 Ignition Coil w/ Resistor
MSD 8202 Blaster 2 Ignition Coil
MSD 8240 Midget Coil Pack
MSD 8200 Blaster 2 Coil - Chrome
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!