MSD 79082 Short 12 LT Style Chevy Magneto, Black
Chevy Small Block V8, Chrysler Small Block V8, Ford Small Block V8, .50" Shaft Diameter, Black
Designed with sprint cars in mind, the Short Base Pro Mag 12LT offers light weight and incredible power. The compact housing also sits an inch lower for improved clearance of the fuel injection plus features a band clamp mount for easier timing adjustments.
The Electronic Points Box is the brain of the Pro Mag 12. It controls the spark duration and the unique full-power firing sequence of the Pro Mag 12. The energy from the generator is controlled with Field Effect Transistor (FET) technology which is far superior to mags still using points as a trigger source.
Each Short Base Pro Mag 12LT is supplied with a bronze gear, band clamp, cap and rotor. Works with Small Block Chevy, Small Block Chrysler, and 351 W/C Ford.
- 3/4"" shorter than the standard 12LT
- Works with the new style air boxes
- Features newly engineered raised oil passage groove to prevent leaks and provide superior oiling in large cam tunnel blocks
- Includes cap, rotor and bronze gear
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Our sprint car is back, and it's ready for some power. Follow along as Speedway Motors Racing Engines puts together a thundering 410.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.