MSD 6201 6A Ignition Control
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Higher output with 530 primary volts and 135mJ of spark energy. Efficient components use less current to produce more power. Same bolt pattern as the original 6A with a lower profile housing. Built-in LED for system checks. All wires exit the same side through a locked, sealed connector. Compatible with 4, 6 and 8-cylinder engines.
547-6201 Instructions (PDF)
Learn more about determining the proper MSD ignition control box for your application by reading our tech article. The Differences Between 6 Series MSD Ignition Control Units.
- Spark Energy: 135-145 mJ per spark
- Primary Voltage: 520-540 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 degree Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Voltage Required: 12-15 Volts, 7 Volt Start
- Current Draw: .7 Amp per 1,000 RPM
- Weight and Size: 1.7 lbs., 8"L x 4"W x 1.825"H
More Like This
MSD 62013 Digital 6A Ignition Control, Black
MSD 6014 LS Ignition Control, Red
MSD 60143 LS Ignition Control, Black
MSD 6427 Ignition Control, 6CT
MSD 6520 Digital 6-Plus Ignition Control
MSD 6425 6AL Digital Ignition Control Box
MSD 6013 Ignition, Timing Control for Late HEMI
MSD 7330 MSD 7AL-3 Ignition Control
MSD 7805 MSD 8-Plus Ignition Control
MSD 64253 Digital Ignition Contorl w/Rev Control, 6AL, Black