MSD 6462 6BTM CDI Ignition Control Unit
Universal Fit, Capacitive Discharge Ignition Box Output, Rev Limiter Included, Analog Circuitry
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
HolleyDays INSTANT REBATE. Select Holley, MSD, Mr Gasket, Earl's Performance, Demon Carburetion, Weiand, Lakewood, Superchips, Diablo Sport, RacePak, Hooker, NOS, Flowtech, Frostbite Performance Cooling, Mallory Ignition, STS Turbo, Hays, Accel, Quick Time, Edge, Quick Fuel, Anvil, Bright Earth, Flowmaster, Hurst, B&M, APR, Dinan, XDR discounted up to 10% through December 31, 2019.
The 6 BTM cd ignition is ideal for engines with a turbo or supercharger. Not only will the engine benefit from MSDs full power CD sparks, but there is also an adjustable boost/timing retard circuit to prevent detonation.When your turbo or blower forces the air/fuel mixture into the engine, the cylinder pressure inside the combustion chamber increases. The result is a great increase in power but this can also lead to detonation that can result in severe engine damage. The 6 BTM CDI lets you dial away detonation by retarding the timing in relation to the boost pressure.A dash mounted control knob lets you adjust the amount of timing retard. It can be adjusted from 0 degrees per pound of boost to 3 degrees per pound (up to 15 degrees).The 6 BTM also shares the Soft Touch Rev Control of the 6AL Ignition for overrev protection. The BTM is supplied with rubber shock mounts and rpm modules for 3,000, 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm.
- Multiple spark, capacitive discharge ignition control
- Retard the ignition timing 1 degrees-3 degrees per pound of boost, maximum of 15 degrees, with dash mounted adjustable control knob
- Multiple sparks for 20° of crankshaft rotation
- Works on 12 - 18 volt electrical system
- Accepts breaker points, amplifier and magnetic pickup trigger inputs
- 470 primary voltage output to coil
- 110 millijoules per spark up to 15,000 RPM
- Built-in Soft Touch Rev Control is adjustable with RPM Modules
- Programmable for 4, 6, or 8-cylinders by cutting red/blue wire loops
- Supplied with rubber shock mounts
- Supplied with 3,000, 6,000, 7,000 & 8,000 RPM Module
- CARB E.O. Approved
547-6462 Instructions (PDF)
Learn more about determining the proper MSD ignition control box for your application by reading our tech article. The Differences Between 6 Series MSD Ignition Control Units.
|Operating Voltage:||+10-18 VDC Negative Ground|
5 Amps-5,000 RPM, 10 Amps- 10,000 RPM
| RPM Range:|| 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts|
| Spark Duration:|| 20 Degree Crankshaft Rotation|
| Energy Output Max:|| 105-115 mJ per Spark|
| Weight and Size:|| 3 lbs, 8"L x 4"W x 2.25"H|
| Voltage Output Max:|
|Primary:|| 460-480 Volts|
| Secondary:||45,000 Volts (Blaster Coil)|
More Like This
MSD 7222 MSD 7AL-2 Ignition Control
MSD 6560 MSD 6M-2L Marine Certified Ignition with Rev Limit
MSD 6430 Extreme Duty 6ALN CDI Ignition Control
MSD 62152 MSD DIS-4 Plus Distributorless 4 Channel
MSD 6530 MSD Digital Programmable 6AL-2
MSD 6421 6AL-2 CDI Ignition Box
MSD 6631 MSD 6 HVC, Professional Race - Rev Control Deutsch Connectors
MSD 7805 MSD 8-Plus Ignition Control
MSD 6632 6 HVC CDI Ignition Box with Soft Touch Rev Contol
MSD 6214 Programmable Midget CDI Ignition System
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.