MSD 6425 6AL Digital Ignition Control Box
Universal Fit, Capacitive Discharge Ignition Box Output, Rev Limiter Included, Red
- Features a higher output with 530 primary volts and 135mJ of spark energy
- Efficient components use less current to produce more power
- Two rotary dials allow you to set an RPM limit
- Has the same bolt pattern as the original 6AL, but with a lower profile housing
- Integrated LED lights for system checks
The MSD Digital 6AL features a higher output with 530 primary volts and 135mJ of spark energy. Efficient components use less current to produce more power. Set an rpm limit on the MSD 6AL rev limiter with two rotary dials. Has the same bolt pattern as the original 6AL, but with a lower profile housing. Built-in LED for system checks. All wires exit the same side through a locked, sealed connector. Compatible with 4, 6 and 8-cylinder engines.
Learn more about the benefits and features of the MSD 6AL Digital Ignition Control Box by reading StangTVs tech article. MSDs Newest 6AL Takes Conventional Ignitions into the Digital Age.
Learn more about determining the proper MSD ignition control box for your application by reading our tech article. The Differences Between 6 Series MSD Ignition Control Units.
- Spark Energy: 135-145 mJ per spark
- Primary Voltage: 520-540 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 degree Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Voltage Required: 12-15 Volts, 7 Volt Start
- Current Draw: .7 Amp per 1,000 RPM
- Weight and Size: 1.7 lbs., 8"L x 4"W x 1.825"H
547-6425 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
MSD 64253 Digital Ignition Control w/ Rev Control, 6AL, Black
MSD 6421 6AL-2 CDI Ignition Box
MSD 6530 MSD Digital Programmable 6AL-2
MSD 6462 6BTM CDI Ignition Control Unit
MSD 6430 Extreme Duty 6ALN CDI Ignition Control
MSD 5520 Street Fire CDI Ignition
MSD 64213 6AL-2 Ignition Control, Black
MSD 6214 Programmable Midget CDI Ignition System
MSD 6520 Digital 6-Plus Ignition Control
MSD 6201 6A Ignition Control
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Jeff demonstrates how to install the front runner drive system by Vintage Air in his 1967 Chevelle project car all while maintaining a simple, factory fresh look.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!