MSD 6421 6AL-2 CDI Ignition Box
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The all new 6AL-2 capacitive discharge ignition will easily connect to nearly any 12-volt negative ground distributor system. Inside the new cast aluminum housing youll find an advanced micro-controller that manages the timing and rpm of the ignition.
- Upgraded digital spark output versus standard 6AL series
- Multiple sparks over 20° of crankshaft rotation ensures complete combustion
- Blast off the starting line with the 2-step rev limiter
- High end overrev protection plus clutch or transbrake launch limiters
- Adjustments made via four rotary dials in 100 RPM increments
- Accepts Hall-effect, points and mag pickup triggers
547-6421 Instructions (PDF)
Learn more about determining the proper MSD ignition control box for your application by reading our tech article. The Differences Between 6 Series MSD Ignition Control Units.
- Spark Energy: 135 mJ per spark
- Primary Voltage: 535 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 degree Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 12,500 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Voltage Required: 12-18 Volts, Negative Ground
- Current Draw: .7 Amp per 1,000 RPM
- Weight and Size: 3 lbs., 7"L x 4"W x 2"H
WarrantiesFor warranty information, visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
More Like This
MSD 64213 6AL-2 Ignition Control, Black
MSD 6214 Programmable Midget CDI Ignition System
MSD 6520 Digital 6-Plus Ignition Control
MSD 5520 Street Fire CDI Ignition
MSD 6632 6 HVC CDI Ignition Box with Soft Touch Rev Contol
MSD 6201 6A Ignition Control
MSD 6425 6AL Digital Ignition Control Box
MSD 62153 MSD DIS-4 Plus High Output
MSD 6631 MSD 6 HVC, Professional Race - Rev Control Deutsch Connectors
MSD 7730 - Power Grid System - Controller Only
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!