MAHLE Small Block Chevy 383 Flattop Powerpak Pistons, 5.7 Inch Rods
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 Chevy Small Block V8, Forged Aluminum Piston Material
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The Mahle PowerPak pistons are a race proven lightweight forged design that are complete with rings, wrist pins and locks. They are also completely phosphate coated plus feature an anti-friction Grafal skirt coating. PowerPak pistons are made from 4032 aluminum alloy to allow for tighter cylinder to wall clearances, and improved temperature stability.
1.5mm, 1.5mm, 3.0mm file fit performance ring set is included. For 383 c.i. S/B Chevy (4.000" bore x 3.75" stroke). Choose oversize diameter needed.
- Mahles phosphate coating provides the grey appearance to the piston. This dry lubricant coating (not to be confused with a thermal film coating) provides a lubricant film in the pin bores and ring grooves until the oiling system of the engine reaches operating pressure; particularly useful during the initial start-up or break-in of engines to protect against galling and microwelding. The piston crown is still machineable.
- Mahle’s GRAFAL skirt coating reduces drag, scuffing, friction and cylinder bore wear; reduces piston noise.
PowerPak Piston Chart (GIF)
Item DetailsC/R 58cc=12.0, 64cc=11.3, 70cc=10.4
Piston Weight: 451 g
Rod Length: 5.7"
NotesPower Pak features include:
- Forged piston for performance applications
- Fully-machined crown
- Grafal anti-Friction coating on skirts
- Phosphate-coated to reduce micro-welding and pin galling
- Pin bores finished on CNC boring equipment
- High strength, light weight steel pins
- Race proven round wire locks
- Low drag ring pak
- Light weight slipper kirt forgings
- Comp Height 5.7" Rod: 1.425
- Comp Height 6.0" Rod: 1.125
- Pin Diameter: 0.927
- Clearance Guide
- *Meas. = 0.500
- Min = 0.0025
- Max = 0.0033
*The location to measure piston-to-wall clearance for each application. This point is calculated from the bottom of the piston skirt and indicates the widest part of the piston and thus where to measure.
More Like This
Mahle 5.7 Chevy 350 Powerpack Flat Top Pistons .030
Mahle 6 Chevy 350 Powerpack Flat Top Pistons .060
Icon Chevy 395 Forged Pistons, .400 Dome, 6.0 Rod
KB Claimer Chevy 350 Hypereutectic Pistons, Flat Top 4V, 5.7 Rod
KB Chevy 383 Hypereutectic Pistons, Dish, 5.7 Inch Rod
KB Claimer Chevy 383 Hypereutectic Pistons, Flat Top, 5.7 Rod
Icon Chevy 383 Forged Pistons, .163 Dome, 5.7 Rod
KB Claimer Chevy 350 Hypereutectic Pistons, Flat Top, 5.7 Rod
KB Claimer Chevy 350 Hypereutectic Pistons, .275 Dome, 5.7 Rod
KB Claimer Chevy 350 Hypereutectic Pistons, .150 Dome, 5.7 Rod