MAHLE Small Block Chevy 350 Powerpak Pistons, Flattop, 6 Inch Rod
350 Chevy Small Block V8, Forged Aluminum Piston Material, 4.060" Piston Diameter, 3.48" Stroke
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The Mahle PowerPak pistons are a race proven lightweight forged design that are complete with rings, wrist pins and locks. They are also completely phosphate coated plus feature an anti-friction Grafal skirt coating. PowerPak pistons are made from 4032 aluminum alloy to allow for tighter cylinder to wall clearances, and improved temperature stability.
1.5mm, 1.5mm, 3.0mm file fit performance ring set is included. For 350 c.i. S/B Chevy (4.000" bore x 3.48" stroke).
- Comp Height 6.0" Rod: 1.250
- Pin Diameter: 0.927
- Clearance Guide
- *Meas. = 0.500
- Min = 0.0025
- Max = 0.0033
*The location to measure piston-to-wall clearance for each application. This point is calculated from the bottom of the piston skirt and indicates the widest part of the piston and thus where to measure. For all Mahle 350 pistons except 4V Flat 503-55004 for which Meas. = 0.465
Item DetailsC/R 58cc=11.3, 64cc=10.6, 70cc=9.8
Piston Weight: 429 g
Rod Length: 6"
- Forged piston for performance applications Fully-machined crown
- Grafal anti-Friction coating on skirts
- Phosphate-coated to reduce micro-welding and pin galling
- Pin bores binished on CNC boring equipment
- High strength, light weight steel pins
- Race proven round wire locks
- Low drag ring pak
- Lightweight slipper kirt forgings
- Mahle’s Grafal skirt coating reduces drag, scuffing, friction and cylinder bore wear; reduces piston noise.
- Phosphate coating provides the grey appearance to the Mahle piston. This dry lubricant coating (not to be confused with a thermal film coating) provides a lubricant film in the pin bores and ring grooves until the oiling system of the engine reaches operating pressure; particularly useful during the initial start-up or break-in of engines to protect against galling and microwelding. The piston crown is still machineable.
More Like This
MAHLE Forged Flat Top Pistons, SBC
Icon Chevy 350 Forged Pistons, Dish, 6.0 Inch Rod
Icon Chevy 350 Forged Pistons, Flat Top, 6.0 Rod
KB Chevy 350 Hypereutectic Pistons, Flat Top, 6.0 Rod
KB Chevy 350 Hypereutectic Pistons, Dish, 6.0 Inch Rod
KB Chevy 350 Hypereutectic Pistons, .150 Dome, 6.0 Rod
Icon Chevy 350 Vortec Forged Pistons, .163 Dome, 6.0 Rod
KB Claimer Chevy 350 Hypereutectic Pistons, Flat Top, 6.0 Rod
KB Claimer Chevy 350 Hypereutectic Pistons, Flat Top 4V, 5.7 Rod
KB Claimer Chevy 350 Hypereutectic Pistons, Flat Top, 5.7 Rod
Q & A
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
Piston Ring Style Chart
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.