Lubrication Engineers 1604 SAE 90W Gear Oil, 5 Gallons
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Whether you're running a stock flattie and rearend or hopped-up overhead and quick change, you need to run a good gear lube. Remember that your rearend was designed fifty plus years ago and needs all the help it can get. The biggest improvement you can give it is a lubricant that will allow the gears to survive the highway speeds that cars see today. L.E. gear oil is what we use in our 350 mph streamliner, that uses a V-8 quick change, without failure. The "red stuff" provides superior lubrication for long gear life. You can't win if you don't finish.
- Formulated using blends of high quality paraffinic and synthetic base fluids
- Contains a highly shear stable tackiness
- Unique blend of base fluids and thermally stable EP additives
- Separates readily from water
- Contains non-silicone defoaming additives
- Contains no solids
- Contains a proprietary dual acting liquid, wear-reducing and extreme pressure additive
We suggest 90 weight for the street and 140 weight for extreme uses.
- LE Gear Lube Data Sheet (PDF)
Q & A
Videos & Articles
Hear how Pat's '64 Impala sounds with Hooker mufflers.