Longacre 52-52032 Liquid Filled 2 1/2 GID Tire Gauge 0-15
2.5" Diameter, Analog Gauge Type, Liquid Filled, 17" Hose Length, 0-15 PSi Pressure Range (psi)
This is Garage Sale pricing because the gauge is a 1/4 Ib off
NEW Design Tire Pressure Gauge - Great looking new graphics, reads in 1/4 lb. increments and includes both angle and ball chucks.
- 2 1/2" Deluxe Gauge with protective bumper
- 1/4 lb. increments with 2% accuracy
- 17" hose with swivel angle chuck installed with alternate ball chuck included
- Dual bleed air pressure release buttons for faster setting
- HOLDS PRESSURE READING UNTIL RELEASED
- Glow-in-the-Dark dial face
- Specially designed vent valve to equalize pressure and maintain gauge accuracy
Liquid Filled Tire Pressure Gauges
ALL liquid filled gauges are purposely filled to just 80%. The remaining 20% air pocket helps allow for thermal expansion and contraction as ambient temperature changes, thereby maintaining accuracy. If the gauge were filled to 100% even the slightest temperature change would significantly affect gauge readings as the expanding fluid would have no place to go.
Liquid filled gauges have many advantages. But they can change readings by as much as 2-3 psi if the temperature changes...
All pressure gauges - liquid filled and regular - need to be vented to the outside to read accurately. If not vented, as the surrounding temperature changes, they will build up pressure inside and affect the accuracy - by as much as 2-3 psi!
Now from Longacre comes the simple answer to this problem. We have installed a specially designed pressure equalizer valve on the top of the gauge. Before you use the gauge just loosen the knob on top of the gauge 1/4 turn, then hand retighten. Instantly any temperature-caused pressure difference will be eliminated and you will be guaranteed the most accurate readings possible.
If you have a liquid filled tire gauge prove it to yourself. Take your gauge that has been in a cool place and in the typical range you use. Then take the gauge and put it out in the sun for about 45 minutes, as would happen during a race. Then re-check the tire that is still in the cool place. You will see that the reading has changed. You know that the pressure in the tire is the same so the gauge reading must now be off. How will this affect your handling to have tire pressures high or low by several psi? What's worse is that you don't know at what temp the gauge is actually correct! It depends on the temp in the factory when it was manufactured.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Longacre® 52-52032 Liquid Filled 21/2 GID Tire Gauge 0-15
Longacre® 52-52009 Deluxe 2-1/2 GID Quick Fill Gauge 0-60 psi
Longacre® 52-52001 Magnum 3-1/2 GID Tire Gauge 0-60 by 1/2 lb
Longacre® 52-52021 Magnum 3-1/2 GID Tire Gauge 0-30 by 1/4 lb
Longacre® 52-52031 Magnum 3 1/2 GID Tire Gauge 0-15 by 1/4 lb
Longacre 52-52005 2 Inch Fixed Stem Tire Pressure Gauge, 0-60 PSI
Longacre® 52-52007 Magnum 3-1/2 GID Quick Fill Gauge 0-60 psi
Longacre® 52-52022 Liquid Filled 2-1/2 Tire Gauge, 0-30 psi
Longacre® 52-52002 Liquid Filled 2-1/2 Tire Gauge, 0-60 psi
Longacre® 52-52008 Liquid Filled 2.5 Quick Fill Gauge, 0-60
Q & A
Tire pressure affects many variables that contribute to speed. Find out more on how the right amount of air can help you reach your goals.
Find out more about the effects of temperature on tire pressure.
Here are some things to think about when purchasing a quality tire pressure gauge.
Find out how to achieve the correct tire pressure for optimal race car performance.
Learn the importance of maintaining the right pressure in your tires for longer wear, enhanced handling and to get better fuel economy.
Custom rides usually require custom brake and fuel lines. Educate yourself on the tools you will need and the proper steps to a successful line assembly in our buyer's guide.
Here is something for everyone's toolbox! Follow Steve as he demonstrates the versatility of Speedway Motors' very handy Wheel Bolt Pattern Tool.
Many sanctioning bodies now require mud covers to be bolted to the wheel and the mounting tabs to be integral or welded to the wheel. This article explains how to properly bolt on mud covers and the tools required to do so.