Longacre® 52-50553 Tire Durometer
Hobby Stock, Quarter Midget, Sprint Car, 2.00" Outside Diameter
- Gauge reads from 0-100 points (Shore 'A' scale)
- Comes with a carrying pouch to safely store and transport your gauge
- Has an outside diameter measuring 2" and features an easy to use design
Tire hardness has a huge effect on your car's performance. A tire too hard won't bite and a tire too soft may wear quickly or even ball up. Also tire hardness changes during its life cycle. To run your best you must keep track of all your tires' hardnesses. This easy-to-use tool will help you do just that - quickly, accurately & easily.
- Reads from 0-100 points (Shore 'A' scale)
- Comes with pouch
NotesFor the most consistent results rock the durometer from angled back past straight up to angled forward. The pointer will move up to the highest (true) reading, then back down. Record the highest reading reached. The durometer must have a rectangular base to do this properly. If you just push straight down you may get inconsistent and inaccurate results.
ChartsDial Durometer Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Many sanctioning bodies now require mud covers to be bolted to the wheel and the mounting tabs to be integral or welded to the wheel. This article explains how to properly bolt on mud covers and the tools required to do so.
Need better tire traction on the track? Read our guide on increasing traction with grooving, siping, and needling to ensure your racing tires have great grip.