Longacre 52-46548 AccuTech SMi Water Temperature 100-340 Deg.
Universal Fit, 2-5/8" Gauge Diameter, Analog Gauge Series, Stepper Gauge Style, Black, Lighted
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
SMi Stepper motor gauges use a small electronic motor that only turns a tiny fraction of a rotation to drive the pointer. It is electronically controlled and is much more precise than the traditional mechanical instruments whose accuracy can be affected by many factors. Many professional race teams - NASCAR, etc. “ are switching to this style of gauge for the improved accuracy (see the in-car cameras). Approved for use by IMCA.
Built-in Warning Lights “ Ultra Bright 2 Stage LED
2 set points are easily adjusted to your needs (critical oil pressure has 3 set points). For example set water temp for just above normal running temp (if you run 215 deg. set it at 230 deg.). Above that the LED comes on to let you know the motor is starting to get warm. Set the second one at the max temp your engine can tolerate (say 250 deg.). At this point the LED flashes to attract your attention, possibly saving motor damage.
Since oil pressure is so critical it has 3 set points.
You can set the first just below normal running pressure (say normal is 60 psi “ set it at 50 psi “ no damage there). At this point the LED comes on. Set the second at 35 psi. The LED flashes “ you need to know here, possible damage. Set the third at 20 psi. Engine damage is likely here. At this third set point the LED continues to flash PLUS the gauge backlight starts to flash. Its hard to miss this “ day or night. It allows you to get the engine shut down before it blows up, saving you $$.
- Gauges are 2-5/8" and have a molded polycarbonate / ABS case (virtually unbreakable)
- An electronic sensor (incl.) is installed on the motor to drive the gauge - no oil or fuel in the drivers compartment for safety.
- Thru-the-dial LED backlights and an illuminated pointer make these easy to read at any speed
- Presentation at turn-on - Gauges go through a self test. Pointers swing full scale and all LEDs come on
- Quick & simple to install - Connect power to one gauge and ˜daisy chain the others to it (wiring included). Connect the sensor wire and youre done
- Can be used with 12 and 16 Volt negative ground systems with or without an Alternator
NOTE: These electronic gauges are not intended to be waterproof. Cover the gauges if the car interior is to be washed down.
More Like This
Longacre 52-46545 Stepper Motor Racing Gauge, Water Temp
Longacre® 52-46745 SMi Elite WP Oil/Water Temperature Gauge
Longacre® 52-46752 SMi Elite WP Oil/Water Temperature Gauge
Longacre® 52-46753 SMi Elite WP Oil/Water Temperature Gauge
Longacre® 52-46860 Digital Elite Waterproof Water Temp. Gauge
Longacre® 52-46744 SMi Elite WP Oil/Water Temperature Gauge
Longacre® 52-46868 Digital Elite Waterproof Water Temp. Gauge
Speedway Mechanical Water Temperature Gauge, 2-1/16 Inch, Black
Longacre® 52-46519 AccuTech® Water Temp. Gauge, Sealed
SW HD Mechanical Water Temp Gauge
Q & A
Speedway Motors product expert Pat shows off some of our CNC billet aluminum pieces available for your late 60's Chevy or Ford truck.
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Learn how to replace a fuel sending unit. Our fuel gauge sending unit guide and installation video covers all you need to match your fuel sender and gauge.