Longacre 46546 AccuTech Water Temperature Gauge, Silicone Sealed
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Garage Sale Clearance!
'Stepper Motor' Racing Gauges
The next generation in instrumentation
Weather Resistant SMi™ Gauges
Silicone sealed to resist moisture (don't direct pressure wash)
SMi™ Stepper motor gauges use a small electronic motor that only turns a tiny fraction of a rotation to drive the pointer. It is electronically controlled and is much more precise than the traditional mechanical instruments whose accuracy can be affected by many factors. Many professional race teams - NASCAR™, etc. – are switching to this style of gauge for the improved accuracy (see the in-car cameras). Approved for use by IMCA™.
Built-in Warning Lights – Ultra Bright 2 Stage LED
2 set points are easily adjusted to your needs (critical oil pressure has 3 set points). For example set water temp for just above normal running temp (if you run 215° set it at 230°). Above that the LED comes on to let you know the motor is starting to get warm. Set the second one at the max temp your engine can tolerate (say 250°). At this point the LED flashes to attract your attention, possibly saving motor damage.
Since oil pressure is so critical it has 3 set points.
You can set the first just below normal running pressure (say normal is 60 psi – set it at 50 psi – no damage there). At this point the LED comes on. Set the second at 35 psi. The LED flashes – you need to know here, possible damage. Set the third at 20 psi. Engine damage is likely here. At this third set point the LED continues to flash PLUS the gauge backlight starts to flash. It’s hard to miss this – day or night. It allows you to get the engine shut down before it blows up, saving you $$.
- Gauges are 2-5/8"and have a molded polycarbonate / ABS case (virtually unbreakable)
- An electronic sensor (incl.) is installed on the motor to drive the gauge - no oil or fuel in the driver’s compartment for safety
- Thru-the-dial LED backlights and an illuminated pointer make these easy to read at any speed
- "Presentation" at turn-on - Gauges go through a self test. Pointers swing full scale and all LEDs come on
- Quick & simple to install - Connect power to one gauge and ‘daisy chain’ the others to it (wiring included). Connect the sensor wire and you’re done
- Can be used with 12 & 16 Volt negative ground systems with or without an Alternator
More Like This
Auto Meter 1733 Old Tyme Black, 2-1/16" Water Temperature, Mechanical
Stewart Warner 311CC 2-1/16 Green Line Elect. Water Temperature Gauge
Longacre 46545 Stepper Motor Racing Gauge, Water Temp
Auto Meter 5432 Pro-Comp Mechanical Water Temperature Gauge
Speedway Mechanical Water Temperature Gauge, 2-1/16 Inch, Black
SW HD Mechanical Water Temp Gauge
Stewart Warner Deluxe Water Temperature Gauge, Mechanical, 2-1/16 Inch
Auto Meter 5431 Pro-Comp Mechanical Water Temperature Gauge
Auto Meter 3432 Sport-Comp Mechanical Water Temperature Gauge
Auto Meter 3431 Sport-Comp Mechanical Water Temperature Gauge