LizardSkin 50100 Ceramic Thermal Insulation, 2 Gallon
Universal Fit, 2.00 gallons Liquid Measurement, Black
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
LizardSkin is a revolutionary product that can lower the interior temperature of a vehicle from 25 to 30 degrees with only a .040" thick application. LizardSkin Ceramic Thermal Insulation coating is a premium spray-on thermal insulation product for all cars, trucks, street rods, customs or race cars - wherever heat is a problem. LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation is an advanced spray on thermal coating that consists of a water-based composition of high-grade acrylic binders with ceramic insulation particles to create a thermal barrier.
With LizardSkin's spray on ceramic thermal auto insulation, heat entering the interior is reduced by 30°F or more, making for a cooler, more comfortable ride. For maximum automotive thermal performance, encapsulate the entire interior and all appropriate exterior surfaces. LizardSkin can also be used on the exterior of a vehicle and when used in wheel wells it reduces the chance of starring from thrown rocks. Since it is impervious to moisture after drying, it helps to seal the surface to which it is applied.
Sold in two-gallon buckets. Each covers 45-50 sq. ft. at 0.040" thickness dry. Add their Sound Control, also a spray-on, water-based product, and dramatically reduce interior noise even more.
- Class A fire-rated
- Environmentally friendly solution
- Provides non-combustible thermal insulation
- Eliminates cut and paste waste
- Able to withstand temperatures up to 500°F
- Adheres to most any material
- Continuous protective moisture barrier
- One-part coating system
- Lightweight (around 0.1 lbs/ft2)
- No respirator needed; but dust mask/protective eyewear is recommended
- Easy spray-on application
- Can be easily applied to irregular surfaces and geometries
- Offers a protective, seamless membrane
- Fast clean up with soap and water
Storage: LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation should be kept in a storage area above 60 deg F or above. Product can be reused if sealed correctly. It is best to keep container out of direct sunlight for sustained periods of time.
Shelf Life: One year shelf life from date of manufacture.
Caution: Do not let product freeze.
Spec Sheet (PDF)
How much do I need?
- Measure length and width of all surfaces to be coated accounting for all curves and irregular shapes.
- Multiply length times width to get your total square footage.
- Divide total Ceramic Insulation square footage by 25 to calculate gallons needed.
- Round up to the next gallon to account for any square footage calculation errors.
- 14 ft times 7 ft equals 98 sq. ft.
- Then 98 sq. ft. divided by 25 equals 3.92 gallons
- By rounding 3.92 up to 4, you will need four gallons of Ceramic Insulation
LizardSkin coatings must be applied to a clean, dry surface that is free from rust and corrosion. For bare steel surfaces, a primer with at least 15% elongation is required. All other types of substrates do not require a primer. LizardSkin can be applied without scuffing to a newly primed metal surface.
If existing primer or paint has been on the substrate for more than 5-7 days, the surface needs to be cleaned and scuffed to allow for good mechanical adhesion. For aluminum, stainless, fiberglass and wood, the surface needs to be cleaned and scuffed prior to the application of LizardSkin. Mask off any areas that you don’t want coated.
More Like This
LizardSkin 50115 Sound Control Insulation, 2 Gallon
LizardSkin 50125 Super Pro Application Kit
HushMat 20100 Silencer Megabond 1/8 Inch Gasket Kit
HushMat Ultra Door Kit - Thermal and Sound Insulation
HushMat Ultra Trunk Kit - Thermal & Sound Insulation
HushMat 20200 Silencer Megabond 1/4 In. Sound & Thermal Insulation Kit
DEi 050230 Boom Mat Heavy Duty Damping Material, 24 x 54 Inch
HushMat Ultra Floor/Dash Kit-Thermal & Sound Insulation
HushMat Ultra Starter Kit
HushMat 20300 Silencer Megabond 1/2 In. Sound & Thermal Insulating Kit
Q & A
Marx Henry of Lizard Skin demonstrates the use and application of the Lizard Skin product.
Marz Henry of LizardSkin gives a basic overview of the many uses of LizardSkin.
Pat goes over some of the sound dampening items we have to offer.
HushMat “Easy to Install – No Prep” Adhesion test WD40 on Chop Cut Rebuild show demonstrates the superior adhesive quality of HushMat sound deadening & thermal insulation material.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. discusses some of the expanding carpet and interior accessories selection available at Speedway Motors.