Lares 970 Reproduction Power Steering Box
70-76 Jeep, 64-76 Buick, 64-76 Chevy, 64-76 Oldsmobile, 64-76 Pontiac, 64-74 AMC, Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
No core required. Rebuilt by professional rebuilders. This model is perfect for the street/road course/road race for tight turn applications.
- Power Steering Gears are thoroughly cleaned and exterior surfaces reconditioned for like-new look
- Each component is carefully inspected and replaced if not to OE tolerances
- All seals and O-rings are replaced with OE equivalent parts
- Each unit is tested to insure OE performance
- Port Size #1: 5/8 Inch
- Port Size #2: 11/16 Inch
- Turn Lock to Lock: 3.25
- Input spline 13/16 36 splines (31 plus flat area)
This steering box will bolt to and can be utilized with the following steering box mounts:
- 916-32005 Model T-1934 Ford Frame - Steering Box Mount
- 916-32003 1935-41 Ford Frame - Steering Box Mount
- 916-32004 1941-48 Ford Frame Saginaw Steering Box Mount
More Like This
1964-88 GM 800 Power Steering Box, 13/16 Inch 36-Spline Input
1964-88 GM Power Steering Box, 3/4 Inch 30-Spline Input
Lares 974 Reproduction Power Steering Gear Box, 1967-76 GM Cars
Lares 972 Power Steering Gear Box, 2-1/2 Turns, 1967-76 Chevy Car
Sweet Mfg. 208-08210 1964-88 GM Power Steering Box, 8:1, .210 Valve
Sweet Mfg. 208-12250 1964-88 GM Power Steering Box, 12:1, .250 Valve
Sweet Mfg. 208-12185 1964-88 GM Power Steering Box, 12:1, .185 Valve
Sweet 1964-88 GM Power Steering Box, 12:1, .185 Valve, 3/4In 30-Spline
Speedway Vega Power Cross Steering Gear Box Combo
1965-1991 GM 525 Manual Steering Box w/ 3/4-30 Input Spline
Q & A
Tim shows you how to adjust our Speedway Vega Steering box.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.
We get a lot of questions about steering parts. Steve talks about some of the steering basics.
Today we are installing original style pump, pulleys, brackets, and hoses! Watch as Joe and Zach improve the ratio and make driving the Chevelle easier.
Learn some of the main differences between Cross and Traditional Steering. Whether you need a corvair or vega steering box and what will suit your application the best.
Resident Tech Expert Tim M. talks about keeping the traditional feel of his roadster project alive by incorporating an F1 steering box into his build.
In this Tech Tip, John shares some tips with a customer about adjusting a steering box he got from us recently.