Kinsler Mechanical Fuel Injection Intake Kit, Raptor 305 SBC
The Speedway Motors Raptor '305 Racesaver Package' has been refined by our engine shop working with Kinsler, both on the dyno and the track.
Zack Woods, Engine Builder for Speedway Motors, quotes regarding the Kinsler Raptor '305' :
- "out performs other units by 12-15 horsepower"
- "compared to other brands, so much easier to work on"
- "quality of the product in design and construction allows the unit to stay synchronized and balanced to keep consistent performance"
- Magnesium Castings - a 33% weight savings
- Runners - 100% CNC'd 5-axis ported
- Throttle Shafts - precision ground 'dual' milled for maximum air flow, chromed for wear & corrosion resistance
- Bushings - bronze, for smooth rotation of throttle shafts
- Throttle Plates - high quality aircraft grade aluminum
- SUPER Top Adapters - billet aluminum, hyperbolic shape to maximize reversion wave for more torque
- Ramtubes - aluminum 180-degree bell enhances air flow to produce the most overall torque/horsepower over anything else on the market
- O-rings - seal ramtube to the adapter and the adapter to manifold, to keep dirt out of the engine
- Jack-Shaft Linkage - high quality bearings and heims with adjustable hex bar connectors
- Barrel Valve - CNC contoured spool with a developed fuel curve; spool and block are micro honed & lapped for precision fit
- Barrel valve mounted on bracket so not in contact with hot valley plate
- Kinsler Nozzles - precision flowed & matched with 390 flow 5 1/2" long streamlined deflectors
- Bosses for Nozzles - hard-anodized aluminum insert isolates the nozzle from the magnesium casting.
- Protects the nozzle and manifold from damage and wear due to the nozzle being threaded in & out for service.
- Air Passageway for Nozzles - internal, nozzle receives filtered air from inside the throttle bore
More Like This
Q & A
Looking to replace your fuel level guage or sending unit? It's important that you have the the right guage for the right sender. Speedway has the tools to make the job easy and ensure you get the right parts the first time.
Pat talks about our Tanks Inc. EFI fuel tanks.
Pat talks about one of our cold air intake kits from AIRAID.
Dave gives a few tips on how to select the appropriate intake manifold for your project.
Tim talks about the vintage carburetor options we have available.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.