King Chrome Small Block Chevy 1969-86 Long Water Pump, Cast-Iron
Chevy Small Block V8, Mechanical Water Pump Type, Long Water Pump Style, Standard Pump Flow
- OEM castings polished to a higher standard and beautifully chrome plated
- Built from new components
- Actual part may vary from photo
King Chrome standard flow, "long leg" style water pump designed for 1969-86 small block Chevy (SBC) V8s. Made from OEM castings, King Chrome housings are hand polished to a higher standard before being triple chrome-plated for a show-quality finish. Housings are then assembled using all NEW components.
- Hand polished and triple chrome plated
- "Long" style pump for 1969-85 engines
- 6-15/16" from block surface to face of pulley flange
- Drilled & tapped for factory accessories
Learn about the differences between "short" and "long" style Chevy water pumps by reading our tech article, SBC - Short vs Long Water Pump.
- Has (4) accessory threaded mounting holes to accept the factory brackets
- Includes (2) spacers for various applications when mounting the brackets
- One hole is directly below the lower mounting hole to the block on the drivers side
- 2 holes are on the passenger side—one directly below the lower mounting hole to the block and the other is between the two mounting holes to the block
- The third hole accessory mounting hole is at approximately 11:30 when looking at it from the front and at about the same front to rear distance as the heater hose nipple.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Common small block Chevy engines were designed with two styles of water pumps. Before you purchase a new pump, it's important to determine whether you have a short or long style pump.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
Check here for a few simple images to help identify your Chevy water pump.
Have a monster radiator but your engine still overheats? We'll show you what to look for beyond the cooling system for common overheating issues.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to differentiate long and short water pumps.
See how this natural fitting Speedway Motors stainless steel coolant expansion overflow tank is installed in a 1967 Chevelle. Learn tips on how to prep the canister for paint work and recommended paint brands to use for this project.
Follow this guide on how to mount a single electric puller fan in a '66 - '67 Chevelle. Learn tips on taking measurements and installing a rubber spacer to prevent the fan from rubbing.