Ignition Timing/Carburetor Analog Super-Tuning Basic Tool Set Kit
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Not quite ready to pull the trigger on EFI? Still not convinced those throttle bodies look like a carburetor? If so, now is the time to super-tune your engine with these analog tuning kits from Speedway Motors. Improve power, responsiveness, and economy, while learning how to get the most out of your engine...the old fashioned way (just like Mickey, Smokey and Grumpy used to do...the mechanics, not the dwarfs).
The path to power starts with a good base tune. This DIY super-tuning tool kit includes the basic hand tools you'll need to optimize your carburetor and ignition timing. Unlock the full potential of your unique parts combination with this tune-up tool kit.
Performance Tool W80587 Digital Advance Timing Light
- Professional set initial and advance timing to obtain total timing and peak performance
- Super bright xenon flash, and a high Vis LED display
- Designed for precise tuning and diagnostic work
- Display engine speed up to 9,000 RPM, and ignition spark advance from 0-90º
- Pushbutton control to adjust advance and switch between 4 and 2 cycle engines
- Tough ABS shell, 60 in. inductive pickup leads and works with 12 volt systems.
Performance Tool W80594 Vacuum and Fuel Pump Tester
- Checks fuel pump suction or pressure
- Tests settings of the carburetor
- Checks for sticking valves, valve timing, and burnt valves or insufficient valve tappet clearance
- Detect weak valve springs, worn valve stem guides or leaking head gasket
- Quick, accurate testing for a variety of applications
- Instructions included
Performance Tool W1189C Distributor Hold Down Wrench
Contains two offset box wrenches, size 1/2" and 9/16". Use tool by itself or turn with 3/8" ratchet
- Complete your ignition super tune with our spark plug indexing kit 91603091 and HEI super tune kit 91603090 (for those of you with a HEI distributor ignition).
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Performance Tool W80587 Digital Advance Timing LightPart # 91080587Qty x 1
Performance Tool W80594 Vacuum and Fuel Pump TesterPart # 910W80594Qty x 1
Performance Tool W1189C Distributor Hold Down WrenchPart # 91081045Qty x 1
Q & A
Have a monster radiator but your engine still overheats? We'll show you what to look for beyond the cooling system for common overheating issues.
Learn how to select the right wiring harness for your car. From starting the installation, to having the right tools for the job, we can walk you through it.
A guide on how to install a universal wiring harness in a car. Read tips on properly wiring taillights, headlights, gauges, ignition switch, steering column and more.
Custom rides usually require custom brake and fuel lines. Educate yourself on the tools you will need and the proper steps to a successful line assembly in our buyer's guide.
Wiring a car may seem like a daunting process, but Jess explains the steps to successfully wire the ignition switch, headlight switch, and the dash gauges.
Are you a collector of automotive signs? This is a DIY project where you will learn how to convert a hardwired sign to a plug in. Jess M. explains each step to get the job done!
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!
Learn how simple it is to remove broken or stubborn studs with Titan Tools extractor tool.