Hooker 9401-1HKR Competition Fenderwell Headers, 1972-80 Jeep, 290-401
304 AMC V8, 401 AMC V8, Fenderwell Header Tube Type, Ceramic Coated, Mild Steel, Silver
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Hooker Competition headers offer the best value in the high performance header market. Designed for the value-conscious buyer who is running either a "stock" or "mildly-modified" engine, Hooker Competition headers offer premium features at a very competitive price. Made of durable 16 gauge mild steel tubing, the Hooker Competition header design utilizes a long transition collector to reduce back pressure and increase exhaust flow. A perfect sealing surface is assured with the 5/16" machined flanges, with welded O-ring seals. Experience has proven that this flange size is ideal to maintain header integrity and be pliable enough to seal each exhaust port. Tubing is mandrel-bent to maintain metal strength and provide consistent tube diameter at radii to maximize performance. Hooker Competition headers have a standard finish that features a heat-cured, high-heat-resistant paint. Optionally, the famous Hooker Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating is available.
- Tuned-length primary tubes for street performance
- All necessary hardware included for a complete installation
- designed for easy, trouble-free fit
- Industry™s best welds for durability
- 5/16 machined flanges for a perfect seal
- Long transition collector for decreased back pressure
- Light weight & sturdy 16 gauge tubing
- Mandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow
- Fenderwell Exit Headers
- Works with factory power steering, power brakes and air conditioning
More Like This
Hooker 9401HKR Competition Fenderwell Headers, 1972-80 Jeep, 290-401
Hooker 9820HKR Competition Fenderwell Headers, 1972-80 Jeep, 290-401
Hooker 9403HKR Competition Full-Length Headers, 1972-80 Jeep, 304-401
Flowtech 33550FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Flowtech 33502FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Doug's Headers D190 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 72-80 Jeep, CC
Flowtech 13550FLT Long Tube Header, Painted, 1.626 Inch Tube Size
Doug's Headers D1104Y Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 Inch, 1972-81 Jeep, CC
Doug's Headers D127 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 72-86 Jeep/SBC, CC
Flowtech 13502FLT Long Tube Header, 1.625 Inch Tube Size
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.