Hooker 71221007HKR Engine Mount Brackets, 1968-72 A-Body, Position B
Chevy LS V8, Engine Block Mount Motor Mount Type, Engine Swap Application Compatibility
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
These HOOKER engine swap mounting brackets facilitate the installation of a 1997-2013 GM LS motor into a 1968-72 A-Body as part of your LS swap project. This mounting bracket kit is part of the most comprehensively engineered system of mounting components, headers and exhaust systems available for this application. The entire HOOKER swap system is designed to decrease your total swap installation effort and cost, while increasing the engineered quality of your vehicle and compatibility of these components with other popular aftermarket components.
** Please read the provided instructions thoroughly before attempting installation.
1968-72 A-Body LS Swap Engine Mounting Bracket Kit- Stock Position
- Plate steel construction-provides a durable cost-effective 1997-2103 LS engine mounting solution
- Provides optimized U-joint angles for vehicles with stock to moderately lowered suspension ride heights
- Allows installation of a GM TH350, TH400 or TH2004R transmission using a factory 1968-72 Chevelle transmission crossmember, without having to cut the vehicle floor open
- 4L60-4L70, 4th-gen F-body T56/T56 Magnum or 4L80/4L85 transmission installations require extensive floor cutting; T56/T56 Magnum and 4L80/4L85 installations require the use of a Hooker 71222007HKR transmission crossmember
- Broad accessory drive compatibility- allows the use Holley or stock Corvette, truck, F-body or GTO accessory drive systems (some stock FEAD component exclusions apply)
- Provides best-available clearance for installation of low-mount A/C compressor
- Holley 302-2 oil pan compatible- provides for easy bolt-in installation process and clearance for steering tie rod ends
- Dual rubber/poly mount compatibility- allows use of 4th-gen F-body factory rubber mounts, or aftermarket poly replacement inserts
- Clear Zinc plated finish- provides attractive corrosion-resistant appearance
More Like This
Hooker 71221006HKR Engine Mount Brackets, 1968-72 A-Body, Position A
Speedway GM LS V8 Engine Billet Motor Mount Adapters
Speedway Universal V8 Engine Motor Mount Kits
Hooker 71221003HKR Engine Mount Brackets, 1982-92 GM F-Body
Hooker 71221008HKR BlackHeart Engine Mount Brackets, Forward Position
Hooker 71221009HKR BlackHeart Engine Mount Brackets, RWD Position
GM LS Series Engine Motor Mount Adapter Kit for 1970-71 Camaro
1935-40 Ford Car Bolt In LS Motor Mount Kit
Hooker Headers 12623HKR LS Swap Engine Mount Adapter, 1-1/4 In Forward
Hooker Headers 12621HKR LS Swap Engine Mount Adapter 1.25 In-Clamshell
Q & A
Pat talks about some of the LS engine mounts Speedway Motors has to offer.
Pat talks about a few motor mounts we offer for your 1963-1972 Chevy C-10.
Tim talks about our early Dodge engine mount.
Tim's at it again! This time 'round he finally gets a chance to see what that Red Ram 241 Hemi will look like in his '29 roadster. Since he can't do anything the easy way, he walks us through building a set of custom mounts.
Having issues fitting headers into your car/engine? This article provides helpful hints on ways to modify or add parts to make the headers fit in your specific car. Kevin W. explains his build experience with headers.
In this Tech Tip, John answers a customer question about what would be needed to swap some additional power in place of his anemic 233c.i. Ford.
Henchcraft lightning sprint motor plate drill legend.