Hooker 71221006HKR Engine Mount Brackets, 1968-72 A-Body, Position A
Chevy LS V8, Engine Block Mount Motor Mount Type, Engine Swap Application Compatibility
These HOOKER engine swap mounting brackets facilitate the installation of an 1997-2013 GM LS motor into a 1968-72 A-Body as part of your LS swap project. This mounting bracket kit is part of the most comprehensively engineered system of mounting components, headers and exhaust systems available for this application. The entire HOOKER swap system is designed to decrease your total swap installation effort and cost, while increasing the engineered quality of your vehicle and compatibility of these components with other popular aftermarket components.
** Please read the provided instructions thoroughly before attempting installation.
1968-72 A-Body LS Swap Engine Mounting Bracket Kit- Forward Position
- Plate steel construction-provides a durable cost-effective LS engine mounting solution
- Provides optimized U-joint angles for vehicles with stock to moderately lowered suspension ride heights
- Bolt-in compatible for use with the factory A/C evaporator housing assembly
- Allows for installation of 4th-gen F-body T56/ T56 Magnum transmission with greatly reduced floor modification requirements; requires use of a Hooker 71222007HKR transmission crossmember (coming soon)
- Allows bolt-in installation of a GM TH350, TH400, 200R4 or 4L60-4L70 transmission using a stock 1968-72 Chevelle transmission crossmember, or a 4L60-4L70 or 4L80/4L85 transmission using a Hooker 71222007HKR crossmember
- Broad accessory drive compatibility- allows the use Holley or stock Corvette, truck, F-body or GTO accessory drive systems (some stock FEAD component exclusions apply)
- Provides best-available clearance for installation of low-mount A/C compressor
- Holley 302-2 oil pan compatible- provides for easy bolt-in installation process and clearance for steering tie rod ends
- Dual rubber/poly mount compatibility- allows use of 4th-gen F-body factory rubber mounts, or aftermarket poly replacement inserts
- Clear Zinc plated finish- provides attractive corrosion-resistant appearance
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Hooker 71221007HKR Engine Mount Brackets, 1968-72 A-Body, Position B
Hooker 71221003HKR Engine Mount Brackets, 1982-92 GM F-Body
Speedway GM LS V8 Engine Billet Motor Mount Adapters
Speedway Universal V8 Engine Motor Mount Kits
Hooker 71221008HKR BlackHeart Engine Mount Brackets, Forward Position
Hooker 71221009HKR BlackHeart Engine Mount Brackets, RWD Position
Hooker BHS511 Blackheart Engine Swap Brackets, 67-72 C10 LS Swap
Adjustable LS Engine Motor Mount Adapter Bracket Kit
G-Comp LS Install Kit
GM LS Series Engine Motor Mount Adapter Kit for 1970-71 Camaro
Q & A
Pat talks about some of the LS engine mounts Speedway Motors has to offer.
Pat talks about a few motor mounts we offer for your 1963-1972 Chevy C-10.
Tim talks about our early Dodge engine mount.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Learn how to make your own engine mounts. Follow Employee Tim as he builds custom motor mounts for putting a Red Ram 241 Hemi in his 29' Roadster.
Having issues fitting headers into your car/engine? This article provides helpful hints on ways to modify or add parts to make the headers fit in your specific car. Kevin W. explains his build experience with headers.
In this Tech Tip, John answers a customer question about what would be needed to swap some additional power in place of his anemic 233c.i. Ford.