Hooker 7103HKR Super Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
290 AMC V8, 304 AMC V8, 327 AMC V8, 343 AMC V8, 360 AMC V8, 390 AMC V8, 401 AMC V8, Steel
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
With Hooker Super Competition the objective has always been to make the maximum horsepower and to put it at the optimum point in the power curve. It takes a lot of time and money to do the job right. We will sometimes spend up to 2 to 3 times more just to make the Super Competition header work only 5 to 10% better. That commitment to excellence has made Hooker Headers the winningest header manufacturer in automotive drag racing history.
- Will Fit All Applications with Power Steering
- Black High Temp Paint
- 5/16 Thick Machined Flanges for a Perfect Seal
- 3" x 8" Long Transition Collector
- Light Weight and Sturdy 18 Gauge Tubing
- Mandrel-bent Tubing for Smooth Exhaust Flow
- 1-5/8" x 30" Tuned-Length Primary Tubes
- Will Fit All Applications with Standard and Automatic Transmissions both Floor and Column Shift, Except for 1979-80 AMX Spirit with Standard Column Shift
- Will Fit All Applications with Air Conditioning
- Will Fit All Applications with Power Brakes
- All Necessary Installation Hardware Included
NotesThe paint applied to these headers is a temporary coating only and is designed to burn off during use. High temperature paint or other high temperature coatings are recommended.
More Like This
Hooker 7901-4HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 7901HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 7103-1HKR Super Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 7901-3HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 1901-1HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Doung's Headers D-104R Full Length Header 1-7/8 in 68-74 Javelin,
Doug's Headers D104 Full Length Header, 1-7/8 Inch, 68-74 Javeline, CC
Doug's Headers D104-B Full Length Header 1-7/8 In, 68-74 Javeline, Blk
Patriot Exhaust H8600-B Clippster Direct Replace Header
Patriot Exhaust H8600-1 Clippster Direct Replace Header
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!