Hooker 6915-1HKR Competition Headers, 1970-1973 Ford/Mercury, 351C 4V
351C Ford Small Block V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Ceramic Coated, Standard Flange Style
Hooker Competition headers offer the best value in the high performance header market. Designed for the value-conscious buyer who is running either a "stock" or "mildly-modified" engine, Hooker Competition headers offer premium features at a very competitive price. Made of durable 16 gauge mild steel tubing, the Hooker Competition header design utilizes a long transition collector to reduce back pressure and increase exhaust flow. A perfect sealing surface is assured with the 5/16" machined flanges, with welded O-ring seals. Experience has proven that this flange size is ideal to maintain header integrity and be pliable enough to seal each exhaust port. Tubing is mandrel-bent to maintain metal strength and provide consistent tube diameter at radii to maximize performance. Hooker Competition headers have a standard finish that features a heat-cured, high-heat-resistant paint. Optionally, the famous Hooker Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating is available.
- Tuned-length primary tubes for street performance
- Mandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow
- Light weight & sturdy 16 gauge tubing
- Long transition collector for decreased back pressure
- 5/16 machined flanges for a perfect seal
- Industry™s best welds for durability
- designed for easy, trouble-free fit
- All necessary hardware included for a complete installation
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Which size of headers should I use? Short or long tube headers? Etc. Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
That fresh engine deserves all new exhaust bits. Be sure to have a look at our rundown on selecting the best setup for headers, exhaust, and mufflers for your ride here.