Hooker 6811HKR Super Competition Headers, 1973-79 Ford Pickup, 429-460
429 Ford Big Block V8, 460 Ford Big Block V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Temporary Paint
Hooker has long been known for its dominance of the drag racing circuit, but did you know that Hooker can help the off-road enthusiast scorch the deserts, mountains and swamps of the world? Hooker Headers use long tube lengths and long transition collectors to produce monstrous lowmid range torque without sacrificing top end horsepower. Each Hooker header is designed to provide the finest fit and most durable construction available on the market today. Hooker offers a complete line of full length and emission compatible headers for the off-road enthusiast to choose from. Whether it be a rock crawling Jeep or a 1000 mile desert racer, Hooker can bring your performance expectations to a new level.
- Tuned-length primary tubes for maximum exhaust scavenging and velocity
- Mandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow
- Light weight & sturdy 18 gauge tubing
- Long transition collector for decreased back pressure
- 5/16 machined flanges for a perfect seal
- Industry™s best welds for durability
- Designed for optimal performance
- All necessary hardware included for a complete installation
NotesWill not fit models equipped with the camper special option. The paint applied to these headers is a temporary coating only and is designed to burn off during use. High temperature paint or other high temperature coatings are recommended.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Which size of headers should I use? Short or long tube headers? Etc. Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
That fresh engine deserves all new exhaust bits. Be sure to have a look at our rundown on selecting the best setup for headers, exhaust, and mufflers for your ride here.