Hooker 6224-3HKR Super Competition Headers, 79-93 Ford/Mercury 429-460
429 Ford Big Block V8, 460 Ford Big Block V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Steel, Black
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
The NEW Hooker Darkside black ceramic coated headers offer the nostalgic, aggressive look of black with a more refined texture and appearance than is possible from any painted finish. The satin sheen provided by this coating is truly striking and sure to please. In addition to providing a more menacing look, which makes a fresh styling statement, Hooker's new Darkside coating supplies all the corrosion resistance properties of our existing silver ceramic coating plus improved thermal resistance to ensure peak performance and durability. Hooker Darksides provide a unique styling enhancement that is equally pleasing in either a nostalgic retro application or a modern hi-tech build. As this coating is not burnished (polished) after its application, the surface appearance is more consistent than that of a silver ceramic coated header. Be different and move over to the Darkside! Hooker has a complete line of engine swap headers, front frame mounts and transmission mounts for select engine swaps. Available for Ford big block engines. Hooker swap headers and mounts are designed to provide an exact fit when used together. Hooker swap headers add the extra horsepower and torque the serious enthusiast demands. Hooker Headers are the best single improvement you can make.
- Tuned-length primary tubes for maximum exhaust scavenging and velocity
- Mandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow
- Light weight & sturdy 18 gauge tubing
- Long transition collector for decreased back pressure
- 5/16 machined flanges for a perfect seal
- Industry™s best welds for durability
- Designed for optimal performance
- All necessary hardware included for a complete installation
More Like This
Hooker 6224HKR Super Competition Headers, 1979-93 Ford/Mercury 429-460
Hooker 6224-4HKR Super Competition Headers, 79-93 Ford/Mercury 429-460
Hooker 6223-3HKR Super Competition Headers, 1979-93 Ford/Mercury, 351W
Hooker 6224-1HKR Super Competition Headers, 79-93 Ford/Mercury 429-460
Hooker 6225HKR Super Competition Headers, 1979-93 Ford/Mercury 260-302
Hooker 6227HKR Super Competition Headers, 1979-93 Ford/Mercury 255-302
Hooker 6228-1HKR Super Competition Headers,79-93 Ford/Mercury 351/5.8L
Hooker 6222HKR Super Competition Headers, 79-93 Ford/Mercury, 302/5.0L
Hooker 6223HKR Super Competition Headers, 1979-1993 Ford/Mercury, 351W
Hooker 6228HKR Super Competition Headers, 79-93 Ford/Mercury 351/5.8L
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.